Haynes King Update: How Do We Feel About Him?

bucknellbison31

Jolly Good Fellow
I don’t think most of us realize how good we have it at quarterback.
And neither does the rest of the CFB world. Go ahead and let everyone think Grayson McCall and Kyron Drones are better than HK (can barely type that with a straight face). It'll make it that much more satisfying when he dominates them next year.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
The ones dialing up the plays aren’t too shabby themselves. As long as we don’t lose any significant pieces between now and August 24, GT could put up a top 10 offense nationally. We’re gonna be nasty on that side of the ball, I hope the defense can at least be serviceable.

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
The ones dialing up the plays aren’t too shabby themselves. As long as we don’t lose any significant pieces between now and August 24, GT could put up a top 10 offense nationally. We’re gonna be nasty on that side of the ball, I hope the defense can at least be serviceable.
Agreed. Half credit to Haynes, half to the guys that are deciding how we use him. I’m sure he grew as a player after playing alright at A&M, but I think we’ve also dialed up the perfect offense for his success.
I’m with you, I don’t think there will be games where our offense doesn’t give us a chance anymore. 28+ points against everybody.

Haynes King, Jamal Haynes, and Eric Singleton are going to put on a SHOW 2024.

I think the other step up weapon will be Evan Dickens at RB, but also curious if incoming Anthony Carrie will live up to his own hype.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Agreed. Half credit to Haynes, half to the guys that are deciding how we use him. I’m sure he grew as a player after playing alright at A&M, but I think we’ve also dialed up the perfect offense for his success.
I’m with you, I don’t think there will be games where our offense doesn’t give us a chance anymore. 28+ points against everybody.

I think the other step up weapon will be Evan Dickens at RB, but also curious if incoming Anthony Carrie will live up to his own hype.
We could also use a really good pass catching TE. Especially for 3rd downs.

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
We have one in Seither.
He along with the others seem like great blockers and reliable catchers.
We have yet to have a big player maker yet though I believe.
Judging by how our current ones are used, and the TE’s that are coming in through portal - it looks like blocking is priority #1 for BF. That + finding somebody who can block hard and run like Brock bowers is very rare (expensive)

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
Judging by how our current ones are used, and the TE’s that are coming in through portal - it looks like blocking is priority #1 for BF. That + finding somebody who can block hard and run like Brock bowers is very rare (expensive)
Luke Harpring checks all the boxes

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck

And half credit to the guys doing the blocking.

(Yeah, that’s 3 halves. But they put up a lot of yards.)

Geep Wade has done some killer work getting the O-line to gel this year. And the awesome thing is, they still have room to get better.

Exciting times ahead, if everyone keeps doing their jobs well.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
Why do you think most of us (and by that I am assuming you mean most GT fans) don't realize how good we have it at QB? I'm genuinely asking that, not being critical of your point. My impression of GT fans in general is that most are giddy about the QB we've got. I see a few people who think he can stand to cut down a bit on INTs but I'll bet Haynes King himself would tell you that himself. I just don't see a lack of appreciation when I look at the GT fanbase, for once ;)

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Why do you think most of us (and by that I am assuming you mean most GT fans) don't realize how good we have it at QB? I'm genuinely asking that, not being critical of your point. My impression of GT fans in general is that most are giddy about the QB we've got. I see a few people who think he can stand to cut down a bit on INTs but I'll bet Haynes King himself would tell you that himself. I just don't see a lack of appreciation when I look at the GT fanbase, for once ;)

There's literally 40 pages (and counting) on a thread dedicated to King...and it's about how great he's been for GT. 🤷‍♂️

gorcone

Georgia Tech Fan
I am extremely happy that he came to Georgia Tech. And I am also very happy that he has embraced the Georgia Tech tradition. I can only hope that his next two years are much better than the past year - and he can finally win our first Heisman trophy.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
There will not be another Bowers for a very long time. Seither made several tough catches for us this year including a fourth down TD he has the tools to be the best te we've had here since well... Probably a very long time.

whitegoldsphinx

Ramblin' Wreck
I think his point is that he thinks King is a lot better than the fanbase thinks he is. As in he sees another big jump in quality of play next year. I see the potential for that myself.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
There will not be another Bowers for a very long time. Seither made several tough catches for us this year including a fourth down TD he has the tools to be the best te we've had here since well... Probably a very long time.
I agree, he has great hands and is dynamic compared to our other TE’s. I think he needs to be targeted more. At one point last season iirc he had something like 6 catches and 4 went for touchdowns

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
And half credit to the guys doing the blocking.

(Yeah, that’s 3 halves. But they put up a lot of yards.)

Geep Wade has done some killer work getting the O-line to gel this year. And the awesome thing is, they still have room to get better.

Exciting times ahead, if everyone keeps doing their jobs well.
Stayed pretty healthy in the OL this past year. That had to help.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
And I’ll ask again. Why do you think that? There’s a long thread on this board where people have expressed ways Haynes King can get be better next year. I feel like every GT fan I know thinks Haynes King is the bomb and has room to get better. Have you not seen the folks saying he could be a Heisman winner? Or the ones saying he will probably leave for the NFL next season?

I think more people agree with you than you think. Which should make you pretty happy :cool:

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
And I’ll ask again. Why do you think that? There’s a long thread on this board where people have expressed ways Haynes King can get be better next year. I feel like every GT fan I know thinks Haynes King is the bomb and has room to get better. Have you not seen the folks saying he could be a Heisman winner? Or the ones saying he will probably leave for the NFL next season?

I think more people agree with you than you think. Which should make you pretty happy :cool:
To back “this.” - I think if you’re on this board, you understand what we have with King (A potential Heisman racer)
There’s two big groups, that make the majority of football fans, that I don’t think are fully onboard yet though.

Casual fans- I had dinner with my family last night, who represents this well. They like King, but aren’t sold because of certain losses. They were almost surprised when I listed his TD count compared to ACC.

Media- Covering GT doesn’t make them much money to start with, but they also yield for the same reasons as the casuals (a majority of their customers are casuals).

You can’t blame either for sleeping on King/Tech in general, bad losses will do that. Even as the offense progressed immensely throughout the season, my SEC friends still talked about Tech like a highschool team. But that will just make it more fun as the program continues to rise and passes them.