Haynes King Update: How Do We Feel About Him?

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
I took it simply as another lame sportswriter trying to be funny. It’s not. He either deserves to be there or not. Why pit him on the list a s them tell us why he’s not going to be there next week.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Should have posted this earlier.

Saw Pyron's dad before game - they are sold on GA TECH and really appreciates that Zach is viewed as a super solid backup. He is ready to roll.

I was supposed to get word if Haynes dad was coming up, but it didn't happen. Was forwarded a selfie thing and a note from John King.

I sent this attachment on to my GTAA contact - with note we should be offering Taylor Tatum ( rb who is no 45 in nation) on John Kings team. OU is where he committed but they are having dumpster fire tendencies.

Also sent a couple of other jpegs of Coach.

Attachments

• KINGS MOM AND DAD AT HOMECOMING.jpg
    KINGS MOM AND DAD AT HOMECOMING.jpg
    440.5 KB · Views: 133
  • batt steps away so coach can share his award with us.jpg
    batt steps away so coach can share his award with us.jpg
    298.4 KB · Views: 131
  • when he scratched his head on sideline - defenses shuddered.jpg
    when he scratched his head on sideline - defenses shuddered.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 132

GoldZ

Ramblin' Wreck
King makes the CBSSports QB rankings this week.

10 player headshot
Haynes KingGEORGIA TECH YELLOW JACKETS QB
King has been a rollercoaster all season. Odds are this will be the last time you see him ranked here because even though the Yellow Jackets have picked up wins over Miami and North Carolina in the last three weeks, there's a loss to Boston College sandwiched between. Oh, and there's the loss to Bowling Green before it. And if you look at King's performance in the Miami win, it's not like he balled out. But, he did ball out against North Carolina! King finished with 377 total yards and four touchdowns, outplaying Drake Maye. He deserves some recognition for it, even if the pattern of Georgia Tech's season means the Jackets are totally going to lose to Virginia next week. (NR)
But he did ball out, at the right time, which makes him a winner. And the rollercoaster is the team.

BurdellJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Folks, let's just set aside all the lame systems with their lame subjective parameters we've seen above for a moment. If Haynes continues to produce at the same rate as he has to date, which I think he will, he should average about 265.25 yards per game. 265.25 ypg x 4 games = 1,061 yds + 2,122 yds to date = 3,183 yards passing for the season. That, brothers and sisters, surpasses the best season passing yards set by both Joe Ham and the Goose as the most in GT history.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Folks, let's just set aside all the lame systems with their lame subjective parameters we've seen above for a moment. If Haynes continues to produce at the same rate as he has to date, which I think he will, he should average about 265.25 yards per game. 265.25 ypg x 4 games = 1,061 yds + 2,122 yds to date = 3,183 yards passing for the season. That, brothers and sisters, surpasses the best season passing yards set by both Joe Ham and the Goose as the most in GT history.
The guy is a baller.And I wouldn't doubt if he doesn't get better! Fewer ints and with a better OL. hmmm

Techster

Helluva Engineer

Saw Pyron's dad before game - they are sold on GA TECH and really appreciates that Zach is viewed as a super solid backup. He is ready to roll.

I was supposed to get word if Haynes dad was coming up, but it didn't happen. Was forwarded a selfie thing and a note from John King.

I sent this attachment on to my GTAA contact - with note we should be offering Taylor Tatum ( rb who is no 45 in nation) on John Kings team. OU is where he committed but they are having dumpster fire tendencies.

If GT fans don't know, King's dad is TX HS football coaching legend. Good coaching genes...which from the AJC article, seems to be translating on the field with his communication to his teammates.

Flajacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Don't know what prompted him to transfer to Tech, not like there is a natural connection. Tech at the end of 2022 had an unknown future.

Possibly3 his dad as a coach saw something in Key that led him to Atlanta.

Regardless, one thing about his game that impresses me is that he uses all of his targets. Singleton and Rutherford are getting the lions share but there are five other receivers thriugh today with double digit receptions.

Today there were ten different players that had receptions.

No tunnel vision, he is playing smart.

Shawn was one of our best QBs but i'm looking forward to him dropping to fifth.

Jacket20

Georgia Tech Fan
Don't know what prompted him to transfer to Tech, not like there is a natural connection. Tech at the end of 2022 had an unknown future.

Regardless, one thing about his game that impresses me is that he uses all of his targets. Singleton and Rutherford are getting the lions share but there are five other receivers thriugh today with double digit receptions.

Chris weinke

Chris Weinke

Bogey

Helluva Engineer

So happy to read this about Pyron. Without his play last year, Brent Key would most probably not be our HC today. So Zach will always be fondly remembered by me regardless of whatever he achieves the rest of his college career wherever he does it.

slugboy

Staff member
King is third in QBR for the ACC, behind two players going to the NFL next season. Tyler Van Dyke fell into 4th, and if last night’s game is any indication, he’ll fall further.

I think this is last week’s number, but he’s top 20 in FBS now.

IMG_2393.jpeg

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
King is third in QBR for the ACC, behind two players going to the NFL next season. Tyler Van Dyke fell into 4th, and if last night’s game is any indication, he’ll fall further.

I think this is last week’s number, but he’s top 20 in FBS now.

View attachment 15054
@slugboy, you are the stats guru. Looking at the above list, all those guys are on solid to great teams. How much of this statistic is a team stat vs. an individual player stat? I asked this bc in watching some of those guys and teams, they really don't pass the eyeball test imo as "great" qb's. How effective would the top 10 guys be for insance playing on Vandy or East Carolina's squad? Or, asked differently, would our guy be in the top 2 or 3 if he played at Bama or OSU? I think it is feasible.