Haynes King Update: How Do We Feel About Him?

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
I agree that there is a big difference between those two things. Do you think the coaches for GT are keeping Haynes in the game at times instead of putting someone else in because of some amount of loyalty or fear that they might hurt his feelings or do you think they are keeping him in the game because they believe having him on the field is better than NOT having him on the field? I'm pretty sure that if they felt that it was better for Haynes and the team to pull him out to do what you described then they would do it in a heartbeat.

Just my 2 cents and that and a $5 will get you a plain old coffee at your favorite coffee shop ;)
I think you'd have to ask the coaches that one, I'm not much of a mind reader. I think/hope he's getting coached on a lot of that stuff already while the defense is on the field so that we don't need to pull him, but sometimes you just need to see something vs having it explained to you verbally.

Also, I don't drink coffee.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
I think you'd have to ask the coaches that one, I'm not much of a mind reader. I think/hope he's getting coached on a lot of that stuff already while the defense is on the field so that we don't need to pull him, but sometimes you just need to see something vs having it explained to you verbally.

Also, I don't drink coffee.
Right… I’m sure the coaches are just leaving him in there to protect his ego or something silly like that. Of course they’re keeping him in there because they think it’s better to do so than yank him. I’m not arguing that there might be times when a player could use a moment to watch things on the sideline with the coach in his ear talking to him about what he’s seeing so he can get a different perspective. I am telling you that if the coaches felt that would help then they would do it. It’s just that simple. You don’t have to play the game of saying “I’m not a mind reader” or other silliness like that. You don’t have to be one to know they think it better to leave him in there because if they thought he and the team would be better off pulling him then they would. It’s not like their jobs are on the line...

PS I asked you what you thought the coaches were doing. Not if you KNEW what the coaches were doing. And I’m still asking you that question. Why do you think they aren’t pulling him out and doing what you think seems to be the best course of action? Hell maybe you’re right and he’d benefit from it. I have no idea. But again, why do you think they aren’t doing it?

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
How do we feel about Haynes King?
We feel good about him, thank you. He isn't perfect, but he is the best QB we have had in a long time.
Anyone who doesn't like him should go watch the ESPN interview after the game or on the postgame show.

Q: When y'all were moving the ball at will, what did it feel like? Was it video game like?
HAYNES KING ANSWER: "IT WAS TECH-LIKE!"

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Right… I’m sure the coaches are just leaving him in there to protect his ego or something silly like that. Of course they’re keeping him in there because they think it’s better to do so than yank him. I’m not arguing that there might be times when a player could use a moment to watch things on the sideline with the coach in his ear talking to him about what he’s seeing so he can get a different perspective. I am telling you that if the coaches felt that would help then they would do it. It’s just that simple. You don’t have to play the game of saying “I’m not a mind reader” or other silliness like that. You don’t have to be one to know they think it better to leave him in there because if they thought he and the team would be better off pulling him then they would. It’s not like their jobs are on the line...

PS I asked you what you thought the coaches were doing. Not if you KNEW what the coaches were doing. And I’m still asking you that question. Why do you think they aren’t pulling him out and doing what you think seems to be the best course of action? Hell maybe you’re right and he’d benefit from it. I have no idea. But again, why do you think they aren’t doing it?
Bud, I'm not sure what you are on about but you seem kind of worked up about it. You know my original post was not in response to you right? All I said was there are different ways of pulling a guy, because it seems like everybody was talking about it in different ways but using the same terminology. I didn't say one way was best or that I think the coaches should be doing anything I mentioned in that post.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
Bud, I'm not sure what you are on about but you seem kind of worked up about it. You know my original post was not in response to you right? All I said was there are different ways of pulling a guy, because it seems like everybody was talking about it in different ways but using the same terminology. I didn't say one way was best or that I think the coaches should be doing anything I mentioned in that post.
Firstly yes I know you weren’t responding to my post. And second, wow sorry I had the temerity to ask you a simple question about what your opinion was. Had I known you were so averse to sharing it I never would have put you so badly on the spot. 🤷‍♂️

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
Great game vs UNC. One thing I noticed tho - he's not very adept at interviews... that post-match The Huddle interview was quite... bad...

Chas_Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Why everyone is havig this debate King is rated 4th best QB in ACC per ESPN. The 3 QBs rated higher are FSU, UNC and Miami. I don't think those schools are debating the right time to pull their QBs.
Up to 3rd after UNC game

1698682221817.jpeg

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Firstly yes I know you weren’t responding to my post. And second, wow sorry I had the temerity to ask you a simple question about what your opinion was. Had I known you were so averse to sharing it I never would have put you so badly on the spot. 🤷‍♂️

Here's the question you asked:
Do you think the coaches for GT are keeping Haynes in the game at times instead of putting someone else in because of some amount of loyalty or fear that they might hurt his feelings or do you think they are keeping him in the game because they believe having him on the field is better than NOT having him on the field?
Here was my response:
I think you'd have to ask the coaches that one, I'm not much of a mind reader.

That means I don't know the coaches' reasoning, and I'm not going to guess at it. I don't have an opinion. I'm not sure why you want to continue asking me the same question over and over and getting worked up about it. Obviously you are convinced you know the coaches' reasoning for why they do what they do - good for you. It seems like you are just looking to argue your side, and that's fine, but I didn't take a side so I don't know why you are trying to argue this with me. Have a good day.

BurdellJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Great game vs UNC. One thing I noticed tho - he's not very adept at interviews... that post-match The Huddle interview was quite... bad...
I have not seen the interview you mention but I have seen a number of others. He has always seemed bright, well spoken and a HELL of a TECH MAN. Sheesh, some of you folks are really tough on these young men.

bearla96

Georgia Tech Fan
Lol I’ve posted originally about how it was dumb that some tech fans wanted to pull King in some of the games that he was doing poorly and few people proceeded to lose their minds about how we were accusing them of calling King a “snowflake.”

But then I saw all the posts appreciating how truly great King has been and I’m glad there’s a lot of fans who see the difference he can be for our program. I’m telling y’all, if we finish the year strong and we clean up some our mistakes. Next year is gonna be special!

Last edited:

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I feel good about him, like I have all season.
He is not perfect, I don't expect him to be, but he is very good and the best QB we've had in a decade.

The sideline reporter even mentioned early in the game that he had some sort of injury and was in alot of pain. He certainly didn't play like he was.

He is a little like Sims in that he is going to have some bad play, but he has alot more good plays than Sims could ever dream of.

He is currently 4th in the ACC in QBR at #28 behind Travis #7, Maye #12, and Van Dyke #19.
The next 2 after him are Leonard #36 and Castellanos #44.