Haynes King Update: How Do We Feel About Him?

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
Do you think we upgraded at OL coach?

(FYI I’m just having fun. Not trying to incite a riot.)
I caught it, it's all in good fun😂. As far as an upgrade I'm too much of a novice to accurately assess that outside of seeing how we perform in the run game and how many sacks we give up. I'm sure it's way more nuance to it.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
I suspect Haynes would like to take the results of this game and the stat sheet and flush them down the toilet. And while he probably won't like much of what he sees on the game film I'm willing to bet that he will learn a lot from it because that seems to be who he is. And I like that. I'm still all in on Haynes King though he definitely had a bad game today.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I suspect Haynes would like to take the results of this game and the stat sheet and flush them down the toilet. And while he probably won't like much of what he sees on the game film I'm willing to bet that he will learn a lot from it because that seems to be who he is. And I like that. I'm still all in on Haynes King though he definitely had a bad game today.
On I think the first interception, Dontae had drifted out into the flat and was wide open. He'll see that in the film and learn from it. He had a bad game but threw the ball pretty well. He's our QB. Seems to me to throw better running to his right than his left, but maybe that's natural for a right-hander. He's made some stellar plays and will be even better next year...

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
he had a bad game sh*t happens he is still a good QB. He can't do it all by his self.
I wouldn’t say he had a bad game. He had the game expected behind an OLine that was atrocious. He had no time to read anything. And when a QB can’t read the field he throws picks. I’m not saying he played good, but if we had played a mid level ACC team today we probably would have won. Our OLine was just overwhelmed which cause our skilled players to appear to play poorly. It will be amazing next week when our skilled players play so much better.

Roswellgoldmember

Georgia Tech Fan
I wouldn’t say he had a bad game. He had the game expected behind an OLine that was atrocious. He had no time to read anything. And when a QB can’t read the field he throws picks. I’m not saying he played good, but if we had played a mid level ACC team today we probably would have won. Our OLine was just overwhelmed which cause our skilled players to appear to play poorly. It will be amazing next week when our skilled players play so much better.
On top of the oline being overwhelmed Clemson was playing mostly tight m2m coverage and we couldn't get separation. Maybe he made some bad reads but the throws that he was making were to tightly covered receivers and safety help. Having some larger receivers and pass catching TE's I think would help.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
On top of the oline being overwhelmed Clemson was playing mostly tight m2m coverage and we couldn't get separation. Maybe he made some bad reads but the throws that he was making were to tightly covered receivers and safety help. Having some larger receivers and pass catching TE's I think would
The recievers need to make better route adjustments . On one c interception, reciever was running w his defender on left hip. He kept running right towards the deep safety. Throw was to right and would have been completion if he broke off route . Qb and wr need to both read the defense and adjust. The throw went past wr and the safety who was running caught at chest level.

The skill and speed of Clemson's db verses our wr was striking

cpf2001

Ramblin' Wreck
I’m never going to be too mad at late desperation ints when the game needs a miracle. Trying too hard there beats quitting.

But with some extra seasoning hopefully some of that can be avoided - better to punt and pray and try for the miracle next series than to throw a pick six.

Jolly Good Fellow
Well, SWGA opines the obligatory "it's all the offensive linemen's fault."
I suggest that if your OL is over-matched (and we were), then a competent coaching staff should adjust blocking schemes to help these apparently (according to everyone here) incompetent loafers....
Running play-after-play and continuing each time to expect our boys (who were certainly "over-matched") to handle Clemson DL one-on-one is not the fault of the 20 year-old players..... but of the million(s) dollar coach.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I suggest that if your OL is over-matched (and we were), then a competent coaching staff should adjust blocking schemes to help these apparently (according to everyone here) incompetent loafers....
Running play-after-play and continuing each time to expect our boys (who were certainly "over-matched") to handle Clemson DL one-on-one is not the fault of the 20 year-old players..... but of the million(s) dollar coach.

We know where your heart lies and your opinion certainly carries a lot of weight. WTBS, I don't think anyone of reason has referred to them (OL) as incompetent loafers. In fact, I think the overwhelming majority of posters have both noted the marked progress of the unit this season and acknowledged the consistent effort of the entire team under Key's watch. The occasional disgruntled idiots are not worthy of your time. But your comments on the coaching and adjustments are worth further discussion. What adjustments can be made to help the typical Ol when faced with a DL of blue chip recruits and possible NFL careers in their future?

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, our coaching staff is a total cookie cutter staff for the current trend of the day. Our playbook is what you get when you google “Basic college offense for the early 2020’s”. We now run the UGA-lite offense with 3-4 stars. I love all the pre-snap motion that doesn’t confuse anyone but our own players half the time. When you go shotgun on every play regardless of the down, distance, and score you know you are just collecting a paycheck. Does Key not understand this is his one shot, while Faulkner will have job after job? I know Key remembers the Friedgen and O’Leary offenses when we went from multiple sets in both the gun and under center. Have we done one reverse or one pitch all year? We have 2 special speedsters in Rutherford and Singleton and we don’t get them in space at all.

But the reality is no offense will work with an offensive line that gets shoved around. Have we gotten in one fight or gotten an unsportsmanlike penalty by an OLinemen who just has had enough all year? We just took a major butt kicking on national TV and we just stood there and took it. The only dude I saw who played like he was pissed was #44 Efford. Give me 11 of those dudes and you’ll have a team who won’t just lay down.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, our coaching staff is a total cookie cutter staff for the current trend of the day. Our playbook is what you get when you google “Basic college offense for the early 2020’s”. We now run the UGA-lite offense with 3-4 stars. I love all the pre-snap motion that doesn’t confuse anyone but our own players half the time. When you go shotgun on every play regardless of the down, distance, and score you know you are just collecting a paycheck. Does Key not understand this is his one shot, while Faulkner will have job after job? I know Key remembers the Friedgen and O’Leary offenses when we went from multiple sets in both the gun and under center. Have we done one reverse or one pitch all year? We have 2 special speedsters in Rutherford and Singleton and we don’t get them in space at all.

But the reality is no offense will work with an offensive line that gets shoved around. Have we gotten in one fight or gotten an unsportsmanlike penalty by an OLinemen who just has had enough all year? We just took a major butt kicking on national TV and we just stood there and took it. The only dude I saw who played like he was pissed was #44 Efford. Give me 11 of those dudes and you’ll have a team who won’t just lay down.
I have so many problems with this post.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
We know where your heart lies and your opinion certainly carries a lot of weight. WTBS, I don't think anyone of reason has referred to them (OL) as incompetent loafers. In fact, I think the overwhelming majority of posters have both noted the marked progress of the unit this season and acknowledged the consistent effort of the entire team under Key's watch. The occasional disgruntled idiots are not worthy of your time. But your comments on the coaching and adjustments are worth further discussion. What adjustments can be made to help the typical Ol when faced with a DL of blue chip recruits and possible NFL careers in their future?
No one called our OLine “incompetent loafers”. Those are your words. But they are clearly the weakest link on the team. They are fine for a .500 team. I hope Key wants to be better than .500 at some point.