Have you seen Wesley Wells in a game lately?

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
Outside of our first game, I don't remember Wesley being used for a PAT or FG. He is still listed on the team and was excellent last season ,but now missing in action. Anyone have info ? ( besides not scoring much, don't need a kicker ).

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Outside of our first game, I don't remember Wesley being used for a PAT or FG. He is still listed on the team and was excellent last season ,but now missing in action. Anyone have info ? ( besides not scoring much, don't need a kicker ).
He kicked off last game. King converted that field goal which was very nice to see.

Deleted member 2897

He apparently was out-practiced, and that was the end of his career. Quite the strange ending to someone who had never missed a single kick.

Slugboy, good catch on the title. Please issue the author 37 demerits, and give yourself 2 beers on the house this evening.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
He apparently was out-practiced, and that was the end of his career. Quite the strange ending to someone who had never missed a single kick.

Slugboy, good catch on the title. Please issue the author 37 demerits, and give yourself 2 beers on the house this evening.

Bite yet tongue, bw. If the mods do all that they don't need a #get-bak! coach. Shhhhh

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Not true, at least initially. Very minor team rule violation. It seriously makes me doubt how this staff makes some decisions. ATL hogwash.

Do you know this to be true? I never saw that reported anywhere, but I have seen multiple people suggest his kicking is just way off right now.

Deleted member 2897

Always reliable Brad Stewart was Wells' holder last season. A different holder can make or break a kicker.

Honestly I don’t care if he’s missing every kick in practice. He never missed a single kick in a game. At least wait for 1 single kick before you enter his head.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Harvin was holding for the Duke game. Also it was sorta funny but the press box announcer was calling runs by Jordan Mason as by Harvin for most of the first half. Must have mixed up their numbers.

Deleted member 2897

He has the shanks. Be interesting to see if we keep him on scholly next year

Well, he hasn't attempted a FG yet this year. King is 2 of 4. Would Wells have missed more than half? I mean who knows. But Kickers are notorious head cases and people who need to be in a rhythm. Unless there was a discipline problem or an injury, I have no idea why you would take a guy who had never missed a single kick and sit him and bench him.