Have you seen Wesley Wells in a game lately?

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Walk ons who earn scholarships are typically told that it’s a one year deal. They have to earn it again

This makes sense and explains why Collins was comfortable enough to do it. Wells earned it last year but I was surprised we would have 2 kickers on scholly and figure we wouldnt beyond this year.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
If ANYBODY loses a scholarship, it would be a first in Tech history. If somebody yanks Well's scholarship, then I am done.

Sorry, sir. Would not be the first time in our history. There are just different ways to do it. I have 3 names that came immediately to mind. I knew 2 under BC and I know there was one under CG. Hope we don’t go down this hole.

And if there is any position in football where the “starter” is not a nebulous choice it is the KO, FG, and PAT kicker.

Very easy to track in practice and games.

Walk ons who earn scholarships are typically told that it’s a one year deal. They have to earn it again
To my knowledge, that has never been the case at Tech. IF Wells was told that when he got it, fine, but I am not aware of any previous instances where a walk-on was told that, unless it was already their senior year.

Sorry, sir. Would not be the first time in our history. There are just different ways to do it. I have 3 names that came immediately to mind. I knew 2 under BC and I know there was one under CG. Hope we don’t go down this hole.

And if there is any position in football where the “starter” is not a nebulous choice it is the KO, FG, and PAT kicker.

Very easy to track in practice and games.
I don't remember those. Can you give names? Are you sure they weren't seniors with only one year left anyway?

KCJackets

Jolly Good Fellow
To my knowledge, that has never been the case at Tech. IF Wells was told that when he got it, fine, but I am not aware of any previous instances where a walk-on was told that, unless it was already their senior year.

LOL CPJ said this every year. This is nothing new. Walk-ons are awarded one year scholarships every year. We have always been very upfront about it. The guys are getting a scholly because we fell short of meeting the 85 limit for various reasons.

GoGATech

Jolly Good Fellow
Honestly I don’t care if he’s missing every kick in practice. He never missed a single kick in a game. At least wait for 1 single kick before you enter his head.
He missed the XP against Citadel and his misses in practice and pre-game haven't been close. Just because he didn't miss last year in-game doesn't mean you trot him out there when he's obviously got some mechanics or mental problem going on with his game right now. The coaches see him every day and I'm sure they would put him out there if he was the better kicker. If you are ever in the stands early enough to watch pre-game warm-ups, you'll see it if you watch.

LOL CPJ said this every year. This is nothing new. Walk-ons are awarded one year scholarships every year. We have always been very upfront about it. The guys are getting a scholly because we fell short of meeting the 85 limit for various reasons.
The walk ons that CPJ honored, other than Brad Stewart, only had one year of eligibility left, so it was a moot point.

gtg970g

Jolly Good Fellow
Harvin was holding for the Duke game. Also it was sorta funny but the press box announcer was calling runs by Jordan Mason as by Harvin for most of the first half. Must have mixed up their numbers.
They share number 27. We have lots of players sharing numbers this season though they typically would not be on the field together.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Harvin was holding for the Duke game. Also it was sorta funny but the press box announcer was calling runs by Jordan Mason as by Harvin for most of the first half. Must have mixed up their numbers.

I guess that's how Harvin ended up with a reception in espn's box score? lol

presjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
They share number 27. We have lots of players sharing numbers this season though they typically would not be on the field together.
Yeah, the duplicate numbers plus the announcement of two way players has caught me looking hard to read names above the numbers this season.