Have we turned into Dawgs?

redmule

Ramblin' Wreck
There are two Tech fans that began sitting behind me about two years ago. I've been in the same seats with long time friends and acquaintances around me for a dozen or so years. The two new fans are the most knowledgeable football minds in the country. They know as soon as any non-scoring play is over that it was the wrong play call. They know exactly who each player was supposed to block but didn't, and that the guy making the tackle was left unblocked. They know which route the receiver should have run, which hole the ball carrier should have hit, and what would have happened if the correct play had been called. They know which players should be kicked off the team, and which ones are playing out of position. In short, they know the strategy that would have won every game we have played these two years. And they are happy to share that knowledge with everyone around them. How these two managed to avoid coaching the winning Super Bowl team for this entire century is surely due to some vast conspiracy that forces them to make a living without using their true talent.

But I have noticed there are some gaps in their knowledge. They seem to only know the quarterback's name. Everyone else is referred to by number. They didn't know that we are playing Pitt next week or where the game is. They don't know what time games starts as they usually show up about mid way thru the first quarter. I can't vouch for their clock management acumen as they're never around at the end of the game if we are behind.

One other thing they know - how to make everyone around them as miserable as they are.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
If you guys want to read some really STUPID posts from people calling themselves Tech fans, read Ken's latest article on the AJC site, about Johnson asking for fans' support. WOW !!!

Supersize, I don't know you but I consider you my Jacket brother. I'm virtually putting a hand on your shoulder.

*sigh*

Do yourself a favor and don't ever ... ever, ever read the AJC comments. I guarantee you it's about 2 or 3 guys with time, no life and about 17 different AJC fonts basically fabricating a "conversation" with themselves.

200.gif

You're welcome.

On topic, @Longestday I think we're in a 'state' lately but we're nowhere near as out of touch as that fanbase(sic).

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
I feel like threads like this are just people restating the same thing basically over and over. There are always at least 5-6 Threads like this every time we lose. This is pretty much across all boards, not just this one.

Some people are mad about the season so far, some people are not. Those who are mad think changes are needed and those who are not upset think everyone is over reacting.

I unfortunately am in the scary feeling of indifferent on the season. As much as I love GT football, I don't really feel excited right now about our games like I usually do. As a season ticket holder for several years now I am feeling like how I felt toward the end of Chan's era. Kinda stale and bored with the season and what we are doing in games. With the lack of big plays on offense consistently and our paint drying defense, there's just not a lot of excitement to me right now. Hopefully something changes.

Supersize, I don't know you but I consider you my Jacket brother. I'm virtually putting a hand on your shoulder.

*sigh*

Do yourself a favor and don't ever ... ever, ever read the AJC comments. I guarantee you it's about 2 or 3 guys with time, no life and about 17 different AJC fonts basically fabricating a "conversation" with themselves.

200.gif

You're welcome.

On topic, @Longestday I think we're in a 'state' lately but we're nowhere near as out of touch as that fanbase(sic).
Thanks, kg. That article tonight is apparently a new format for the AJC Tech blogs. It allows FB access, and boy, have the FB haters come out of the woodwork. The previous format had a few really bad mutt trolls on it, but the others posting were, for the most part, good sincere Tech fans. I finally just had to exit that one tonight, because I got so PISSED OFF !!!

Milwaukee

Banned
Who here thought this was a 10 win team with the roster we have? That's just too much Kool aid.
UGA has absolutely no excuse to be not hitting the 10 win mark each year. They're on a different level, talent wise, than we are.

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
Option offenses are notoriously balky early in the season. Thusfar we have faced 4 pretty good or great defenses. The two most difficult defenses were strange games....BC out of the shoot at 7.30 am in Ireland and Clemson on a short week where they had a terrible FCS game before us and we had a SEC opponent. Sort of a weird sample so far, IMO.

I actually think on the whole we had a better offensive game against Miami than vs Vandy. IMO death marches vs good competition are a very good sign. We just stopped ourselves a few times. Obviously the two fumbles returned for TDs changed the game completely.

On D I felt undermanned coming into the season. I am feeling pretty good that the young DL we have over there are capable of changing our defensive fortunes on that side of the ball.

Regarding the negative fonts try ignoring the 3 or 4 that most annoy you. For me it changed the board back to a solid discussion of football. When every thread becomes a referendum on firing the coach it dumbs down the board really quickly.

GTJoeBrew

Helluva Engineer
I fully expect the new AD to get some help in for CPJ on the recruiting/analyst side after him mentioning it multiple times after the two loses. If we want to hang with the factories, we need to devote more resources to the program. We will never beat them in recruiting battles, but we can certainly close the gap and win a few of them. I am still convinced that if we had people dedicated to recruiting we may have landed some of the big star names that shunned us on or after signing day.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
Frankly, yes, I think you should expect less. GT is not a football factory, it does not have the same resources, and it has additional burdens. Thus, all things being equal, you are not going to be as good as the football factories.

That's not excuse making, that's a basic understanding of the facts. If you put people just as smart, and just as talented, and just as hardworking into your football program as alabama does, Alabama will beat you. If you have SMARTER, MORE TALENTED, HARDER WORKING people than Alabama, then you can compete with them.

The thing is, you can't always have smarter, better, harder working people. Coaching/recruiting/ADing/Fund raising is a competitive game, and you guys don't compete.

You say "we want to compete at the highest level on the field"....well competing at that level on the field means competing on the highest level off the field, too, and you simply do not. GT doesn't pay as well, it doesn't have easy classes for its students, it doesn't have great facilities, it's just not as attractive a job as some others are.

Until you compete the same way that Alabama does off the field, you cannot fairly expect to compete the same way they do on the field, it's just stupid. And, fine, maybe you don't WANT to compete the same way off the field, that's not what GT is about. FINE. But understand that decisions have consequences, and you're not going to be a contender year in year out.

If you expect that, you're like somebody going to vegas and being surprised when they lose. The math is not in your favor, and more times than not, the math wins. With Johnson, you have the equivalent of a very smart blackjack player. You can outperform what is expected now and then, but even then the math is not in your favor.

Expecting otherwise is setting yourself up for regular bitter disappointment, because it's just not realistic.