Hardy Gone

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Congrats to Coach Hardy. Always feel better when an AC leaves for a HC position as opposed to another AC position.

Hope we can keep Reveno, but that becomes more difficult with what he's done with our bugs

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Honestly couldn't remember, do you iron-clad have to have your degree to be eligible for A.C. consideration?
It's pretty rare that a coach of any sort doesn't have his bachelors, at minimum. Many often have Masters' degrees.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
It's pretty rare that a coach of any sort doesn't have his bachelors, at minimum. Many often have Masters' degrees.

Yeah. If, for no other reason, all HC jobs require a Bachelor's at minimum. Since most Asst's aspire to be a HC, may as well have the degree requirement covered.

One obscure name with Calipari connections I was thinking about was Rod Strickland who was last at FIU or something.

GTHomer

Ramblin' Wreck
Honestly couldn't remember, do you iron-clad have to have your degree to be eligible for A.C. consideration?

I want to say that having a college degree is a requirement. I seem to recall several years ago before Fox was hired at UGA, Dominique Wilkens expressed interest in the position however could not apply because he didn't have his degree.

H-Wade

Ramblin' Wreck
And it's being spun that way...

That's pretty cool about Luke Walton. During the NBA lockout season he was an assistant for Memphis, but he ended up going back to the NBA and playing for another year or two after the lockout.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Congrats to him. I agree with those that say it's good to have AC's take head coaches jobs because it means they did something right and it makes it easier to get other quality assistants. But that's in general. IMO this is bad for us because in the middle of a rebuild you want as much consistency in a staff as possible and we already lost one assistant. Now we'll be in the middle of a rebuilding process with two new assistants. Just makes it a bit harder and I would have rather we could have made it 3 or 4 years without the turnover so that we could be more at the end of the rebuild but it is what it is.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I wonder if we can re-engage that Schrage(sp?) guy. Also, anyone who thinks Charlton is walking through that door should probably not hold their breath. This would represent a step down for him. Side-step at best.
It's too bad that former UT head coach Donnie Tyndall has an NCAA 10 year show cause penalty(that runs until April 7,2026) he could use another job;)

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I bet a certain former GT PG is kicking himself for some comments he made earlier this year in pseudo-support of a certain currently incarcerated individual.

Not that he would've deserved a spot on the staff either way.

I agree that he doesn't currently and may never deserve a spot on the GT staff.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I think Jack could be an NBA HC or exec when he's done. He's not going to just be a college asst.

Not that I'm downing the position. I just think Jack has set himself up to have bigger fish to fry.

I think Charlton-to-GT is more likely than Jack-to-GT (as an asst.) and I think Charlton isn't coming.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
Maybe we can we get Bobinski to recommend some assistants for us?

/

That may be TIC, but you make a point. IIRC, Bobinski helped CJP quite a bit in recruiting his staff here. I hope that either CJP learned a lot, or TS can help, or preferably both.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk