1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

Hardy Gone

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Basketball' started by kg01, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Techster

Techster Helluva Engineer

Congrats to Coach Hardy. Always feel better when an AC leaves for a HC position as opposed to another AC position.

Hope we can keep Reveno, but that becomes more difficult with what he's done with our bugs

2. dtm1997

dtm1997 Helluva Engineer Featured Member

It's pretty rare that a coach of any sort doesn't have his bachelors, at minimum. Many often have Masters' degrees.

LargeFO likes this.
  3. kg01

kg01 Get-Bak! Coach Featured Member

Yeah. If, for no other reason, all HC jobs require a Bachelor's at minimum. Since most Asst's aspire to be a HC, may as well have the degree requirement covered.

One obscure name with Calipari connections I was thinking about was Rod Strickland who was last at FIU or something.

GTRX7 and LargeFO like this.
  4. Buzzbomb

Buzzbomb Helluva Engineer

Could open a spot for a Mr. Hayes if UGA doesn't retain.[/QUOTE]

No, not happening!

5. mstranahan

mstranahan Helluva Engineer

Congrats to Coach Hardy! Hope he knocks the ball out of the park. Always good to see ACs getting opportunities as HC. Helps attract the next good up and coming ACs

msargent1 and lauraee like this.
  6. dtm1997

dtm1997 Helluva Engineer Featured Member

And it's being spun that way...

DH9387, H-Wade, msargent1 and 4 others like this.
  7. GTHomer

GTHomer Helluva Engineer

I want to say that having a college degree is a requirement. I seem to recall several years ago before Fox was hired at UGA, Dominique Wilkens expressed interest in the position however could not apply because he didn't have his degree.

8. H-Wade

H-Wade Helluva Engineer

That's pretty cool about Luke Walton. During the NBA lockout season he was an assistant for Memphis, but he ended up going back to the NBA and playing for another year or two after the lockout.

9. StingU2

StingU2 Ramblin' Wreck

Rumor has it that Orkin has made an offer that he is mulling over.

Chattjacket and ESPNjacket like this.
  10. ramblinjacket

ramblinjacket Helluva Engineer

Who or what is "Orkin" and who is "he"?

11. lv20gt

lv20gt Helluva Engineer

Congrats to him. I agree with those that say it's good to have AC's take head coaches jobs because it means they did something right and it makes it easier to get other quality assistants. But that's in general. IMO this is bad for us because in the middle of a rebuild you want as much consistency in a staff as possible and we already lost one assistant. Now we'll be in the middle of a rebuilding process with two new assistants. Just makes it a bit harder and I would have rather we could have made it 3 or 4 years without the turnover so that we could be more at the end of the rebuild but it is what it is.

CuseJacket, lauraee and BeeRBee like this.
  12. CharlotteJacket

CharlotteJacket Jolly Good Fellow

I heard that rumor too. Sounds like his passion is pest control. Gotta follow your heart...

13. MikeJackets1967

MikeJackets1967 Helluva Engineer

It's too bad that former UT head coach Donnie Tyndall has an NCAA 10 year show cause penalty(that runs until April 7,2026) he could use another job;)

14. MWBATL

MWBATL Helluva Engineer

No, not happening![/QUOTE]
    Huh? Why not?

15. awbuzz

awbuzz Helluva Engineer

I agree that he doesn't currently and may never deserve a spot on the GT staff.

16. ATL1

ATL1 Helluva Engineer

Jacketman likes this.
  17. LargeFO

LargeFO Helluva Engineer

^ if he retires this offseason then yeah but I don't think he's gonna do that quite yet

18. kg01

kg01 Get-Bak! Coach Featured Member

I think Jack could be an NBA HC or exec when he's done. He's not going to just be a college asst.

Not that I'm downing the position. I just think Jack has set himself up to have bigger fish to fry.

I think Charlton-to-GT is more likely than Jack-to-GT (as an asst.) and I think Charlton isn't coming.

Jacketman, ChasonBaller and jeffgt14 like this.
  19. Fatmike91

Fatmike91 Helluva Engineer

Maybe we can we get Bobinski to recommend some assistants for us?

/

20. okiemon

okiemon Helluva Engineer

That may be TIC, but you make a point. IIRC, Bobinski helped CJP quite a bit in recruiting his staff here. I hope that either CJP learned a lot, or TS can help, or preferably both.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk