Hardy Gone

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Pastner hinted at this last week. I think Swartz gets one spot for sure now
I agree with this and I think it creates a more natural fit. Swartz has already been hitting the trail for us in-season & this week. He's developed a strong relationship as lead on Marcus Watson and is quickly developing other relationships in the Southeast. He runs Pastner's power hours in the summer time and played the wing in college, so he knows how to run a practice and he can take over Hardy's spot position wise. Finally, it gives him a new opportunity and helps us against losing him to his mentor, Tom Crean.

With Swartz sliding in to that spot, we still have a spot open to bring in a recruiter that will work with the guards. It's just too bad we already had that and the administration didn't see fit to fight for it.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Pastner hinted at this last week. I think Swartz gets one spot for sure now

Yeah, someone else reminded us that CPast actually said both TheReveno and Hardy would likely be seeking head coach jobs in the short term. This shouldn't be a surprise to us. I'm actually surprised Reveno hasn't gotten a high degree of interest from any of the jobs on the west coast.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I agree with this and I think it creates a more natural fit. Swartz has already been hitting the trail for us in-season & this week. He's developed a strong relationship as lead on Marcus Watson and is quickly developing other relationships in the Southeast. He runs Pastner's power hours in the summer time and played the wing in college, so he knows how to run a practice and he can take over Hardy's spot position wise. Finally, it gives him a new opportunity and helps us against losing him to his mentor, Tom Crean.

With Swartz sliding in to that spot, we still have a spot open to bring in a recruiter that will work with the guards. It's just too bad we already had that and the administration didn't see fit to fight for it.

I wonder if we can re-engage that Schrage(sp?) guy. Also, anyone who thinks Charlton is walking through that door should probably not hold their breath. This would represent a step down for him. Side-step at best.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Congrats to Coach Hardy.

I also agree that it likely means Schwarz gets one spot. Which in my mind makes recruiting easier since he has been on the road since last fall establishing relationships -that would have been a little weird to have him go back to a non-recruiting position and potentially have to put a new asst on his recruits.

if we assume that is likely one asst spot that means we still have 1 asst and one non-asst spot to fill.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Would be a dream hire for me as well, though I suspect we have 2 obstacles to overcome.
First, is he done with his playing career? Second, does he want to get into college coaching?

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
Honestly couldn't remember, do you iron-clad have to have your degree to be eligible for A.C. consideration?

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I bet a certain former GT PG is kicking himself for some comments he made earlier this year in pseudo-support of a certain currently incarcerated individual.

Not that he would've deserved a spot on the staff either way.

Agreed with the last part.