Happy update for GT fans

Nothing against Vad Lee, but he's in the review mirror and getting smaller by the day. He's not a Yellow Jacket, so I could care less what he does or doesn't do. He quit on the team and himself. I don't want guys like that around. The locker room is full of great young men that want to be there and that is way it should be.

DC Bee

Ramblin' Wreck
I can't imagine you'd be in the minority. I posted this assuming everybody would be happy for him. It has worked out for him, and it has worked out for GT. Everybody wins :)

Yes, everybody is winning, and that iss nice. The end result on GT is the one I care about though, because if JMU wasn't working out for him I really wouldn't care.

cuttysark

Ramblin' Wreck
Vad Lee is a QB that enjoys playing the 7 on 7 game that is much like a video game or flag football. However, a REAL football game is played with all 11 and the QB is going to get hit just as everyone does who steps foot onto the field at any position. Triple option or not.

I thought it was perplexing when he went out to Eugene, Oregon just prior to his sophomore season for the Elite 11 QB camp as opposed to staying on the Flats and tossing the rock with his teammates. Perhaps CPJ was wondering about that as well.

That tells me lots about a player and his focus on himself as opposed to his team. Now if GT ran the NCAA offense then sure, go to the 7 on 7 camp. However, that was a move that made no sense and reinforced the notion that personal stats; stars; and glory were more important than making your teammates better and establishing yourself as a LEADER.

My thought is Vad saw the writing on the wall and it spelled: JUSTIN THOMAS and that was a factor in him moving on with his skill set. Hopefully he derives all that he can from his years at James Madison. I'll leave it at that and just say I'm very happy with the QB's on the roster.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
we got rid of the guys we needed to get rid of before the start of last year. one way or another. from what i heard vad had one foot out the door from the get go during his last season here.

that he held us hostage and said nothing to the coach didnt make me happy. im glad he is doing well but like was said in another post... if he wasnt doing well it wouldnt bother me. he was never a jacket from my viewpoint. he was on team vad.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
My brother played for JMU, so I keep up with them.

A former Jacket is thriving in Harrisonburg.

http://jmusports.com/news/2015/9/5/Football_0905152636.aspx
I wish Vad nothing but the best in his future endeavors. However, it was interesting to me that one of his teammates took a picture of Vad's books(presumably during registration) the next semester with the caption: "Guess he won't need these anymore" We will never know but I suspect there was a divided locker room during that time. Best for him that he left and best for us. Win win all the way around.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I remember when a senior vp got mad and quit one Thursday.
Called back on following Wednesday to discuss and reply was as follows:
"Thanks we respect your decision and good luck , we will provide a very positive reference "

Sometimes a shake up at the top gets an organization going again.

We have JeT and we have Tim byerly as a backup who knows the offense, makes others around him better, and can pass very accurately. These two are GREAT examples for those that follow and blaze even higher ground!

That said certainly glad for vad at jmu. ALSO GUY THAT QUIT DID VERY GOOD AT NEXT JOB

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I know I might be in the minority here, but I wish nothing but good things on Vad... I hope he destroys the record books and thrives.
I'm with you. The kid made a decision that worked out for everybody -- he just did not seem to like the offense -- and it seems kind of churlish to nibble away at him now.

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
Far as I'm concerned he quit on the team so meh whatever

I'm with you on this one. Vad KNEW BEFORE our Bowl Game he was transferring but he CHOSE not to tell our Coaches so HE could play INSTEAD of Justin. He was selfish; he only thought about HIMSELF - didn't give a rat's patoot about the team/teammates he was leaving behind. I could care less what happens in his career.

RLR

Jolly Good Fellow
You don't know what you don't know. Vad is not GT. Good for Vad with his success at JM.