Guide to holding effective conversations with uga fans

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
Winning a big rivalry game isn’t just about the the game itself; it’s a year-round conversation topic that follows die-hard fans like a halo or a stench, depending on the game’s outcome. It tints every discussion at the water cooler and sports bar for 364 days, and the victors manage to work in a mention of that win as often as they can. That’s why it’s important not to shoot all your bullets at once. Subtlety is the key to the psychological torture that Georgia Tech fans will be able to inflict this week and throughout the next year.

www.sportingatl.com/2014/12/01...tions-uga-fans/

Mack

Helluva Engineer
MOst decent(use that term loosely) ga fans will debate on the game and give credit where its due but.........they are already throwing MR under the bus....wins nine a year and two losses in eight yers vs us and they want his head......the blame willl be on his head not on how bad they played and how good we handled them.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Yes, they are extremely delusional about the talent on their team. I was flabbergasted at how optimistic their predictions were for the Dwags this year. I mean, they lost four games last year and they thought they'd be playing for all the marbles? Really? With the same D? Until Gurley got hurt, they were a legit top 10 team (about 9th, I'd say), but after he went down, they were no more then good.

It's strange. "Motivated reasoning" I think the shrinks call it.

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
Lol, and pray to high heaven the machine isn't down and they have to actually do math. :eek:
I tried to buy two of an $11.00 item that was 50% off in a walmart in athens. It was not in the computer, the manager and cashier tried doing the math (had to write it out on paper) and tried charging me $8. I calmly explained that it should be $11 plus tax...their minds were blown.

My gf at the time was a uga grad, she wouldn't make eye contact with me as this was happening.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I tried to buy two of an $11.00 item that was 50% off in a walmart in athens. It was not in the computer, the manager and cashier tried doing the math (had to write it out on paper) and tried charging me $8. I calmly explained that it should be $11 plus tax...their minds were blown.

My gf at the time was a uga grad, she wouldn't make eye contact with me as this was happening.

That's probably the best part. It's like, "Uh, honey how long are you gonna look at the 5hr energy displays?"

DTGT

Ramblin' Wreck

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Wait…they left one off:

Step Zero
Speak using only monosyllabic words, avoiding the use of complex sentence structures that involve conjunctions or prepositional phrases.