GTWBB

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Nit of mine. At 10-4, we should listed 2nd in the ACC standings ahead of NC State at 8-2. Gotta start rewarding teams who play.
Well, they do have an 0.800 winning percentage in conference, while ours is 0.714. We also did lose to them. So our 3rd place standing in the conference is well deserved,. You want to be ahead of the teams in front of you, beat them!

They also beat Louisville and South Carolina who are swapped at 2 and 3 in the polls right now. So I think being 3rd in the conference behind those two teams is quite fantastic.

Deleted member 2897

Well, they do have an 0.800 winning percentage in conference, while ours is 0.714. We also did lose to them. So our 3rd place standing in the conference is well deserved,. You want to be ahead of the teams in front of you, beat them!

They also beat Louisville and South Carolina who are swapped at 2 and 3 in the polls right now. So I think being 3rd in the conference behind those two teams is quite fantastic.

It isn’t bad being third.

Head to head only matters if you have the same win total.

If they played 4 more games, would they only go 2-2 or worse? Unlikely, but you gotta play the games.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
There is nothing insulting about calling 18-22 females girls and I don't know any females who I deal with who would think of it as such.

How would you approach this with women you don't know?

Also, we're talking about the label applied to an organization, in this case, college teams.

Would you call a college organization of women engineers the "girl engineers group"?

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
I was repeating what LaChina said.
Also, Love was not a factor. Coach is trying to get her minutes and Carter during these last half-dozen games. Even Boyd is getting back in shape, now.
We lost two players to coronageddon optional intervention. Two are injured still.
Seems like we carry two injured during most games this year. Which isn’t that extraordinary by itself.
How was Love not a factor? She led the team with 9 boards and kept giving the team second chances with 6 of those boards on the offensive end.

How would you approach this with women you don't know?

Also, we're talking about the label applied to an organization, in this case, college teams.

Would you call a college organization of women engineers the "girl engineers group"?

I haven't relabeled the women's basketball team by referring to the players as girls.

Deleted member 2897

Look at it this way. What if dtm said he was insulted if you called him a "Featured Member". Would you intentionally keep calling him that? Not really the best example, and certainly there are tons of people who don't get insulted by the term boys and girls. But there are obviously some who do, so why not take the safe route?

Look at it this way. What if dtm said he was insulted if you called him a "Featured Member". Would you intentionally keep calling him that? Not really the best example, and certainly there are tons of people who don't get insulted by the term boys and girls. But there are obviously some who do, so why not take the safe route?

When it's mainly dudes on a message board who are insulted by it, why should their sensitivity dictate anyone's use of harmless words?

slugboy

Staff member
I am out of the college age range, but I don’t call the men’s team the “boy’s team”. Sometimes, the term “boy’s club” will come up, but while there are important differences between college and post-college views of the world, I think college students should be thought of as adults and referred to that way.
The women’s team deserves that consideration.