GTWBB 2022 (Off-season thread)

OlaJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Melious is a pg? Kitts wing , Kymora and Collins guards but the recent 2022 kids . Why all guards
It is a little curious I agree. But TRUST NELL'S PROCESS. She knows what she's doing. Just think, she guided last years team to the tournament without a point guard. Love did her best but she is not a point. I guess Nell just doesn't want to be in that position ever again. Like the great Buzzbomb said, wbb is primarily a guards game.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Those are wise words from @OlaJacket to trust the give ‘em Nell’s process!
She admitted the players were worn out. Until this past week, they’ve had no taxing physical work. First practices after the middle of June. Cancelled camps. Coach has told the players, we want to build an elite program. To sign a Chloe Kitts would be a fast draw for a post player. Also, there is a younger Kitts. Pipeline up North at LIHS w/ 2024, Kate Koval. She’s 6’5” and has more “big offers” than maybe anyone Tech has ever recruited. You know what they say, build from a PG to a Center in starting the dynasty.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Those are wise words from @OlaJacket to trust the give ‘em Nell’s process!
She admitted the players were worn out. Until this past week, they’ve had no taxing physical work. First practices after the middle of June. Cancelled camps. Coach has told the players, we want to build an elite program. To sign a Chloe Kitts would be a fast draw for a post player. Also, there is a younger Kitts. Pipeline up North at LIHS w/ 2024, Kate Koval. She’s 6’5” and has more “big offers” than maybe anyone Tech has ever recruited. You know what they say, build from a PG to a Center in starting the dynasty.
I agree. Kitts and Collins would be a top ten class.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Clara Strack a 6’3” 2023 GT recruit from Hamburg, Germany just announced her commitment to Va. Tech.

Gtbb99

Georgia Tech Fan
If we lose nicole over all these offers it will be an I told you so. Also you think Kymora and Kitts want to play together ? Collins and Boswell

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
The majority of recent offers out:
D. Kyles: 2023 6’4 Post, Michigan crossover 17u EYBL.

B. Preston: Lovejoy High ‘24, 5’8” Combo. Guard. Over 15 ppg., 5.5 assists p.g.

Kymora Johnson: 2023 | UAA WV Thunder 17u | u17 Skyline Elite (GA) | 3.51 honors./ 5’7”

A. Chavez: 5’9” PG LUBBOCK TEXAS, C/O 2025, CYFAIR EYBL.

Taryn Thompson: 5-9 2026 Shooting Guard/PG, Galloway HS(Ga.).

Kennedy Ume: 2024 || McDonogh Eagles/Philadelphia Rise || Post/Forward ||6’3|| Blue Star 30

‘26 G Kate Harpring of the Marist School (GA) earned a Georgia Tech offer after the April Evaluation weekend. 5’11”

Diana Collins, PG, 2023:
TexA&M, USC-West, Ga.(new staff), Fla., NC St., GT.
Reopened her recruiting on Mar. 23.

Arianna Roberson
2024 -
Clark HS - Varsity Bball #12 - 6’3

Gabby Grooms- 5’9” PG- 2024- Mom played for Uga ly

Ava Holman
Class of 2024 Point Guard, 4.0 Student Athlete

Chloe Kitts, G- 2023- 5 Star- SoutheasternStars

Inés Monteagudo- 2023 GT Offer & Recruit, 6’1”, PG-2G. Spanish National Team. 4.0 GPA

‘27 G Finley Chastain (TX) . Visited GT, Aub., more….

Rian Forestier
bhs var’ bball #4 - 2024 5’11 combo guard- 4.0 gpa honors.

Finley Parker
2027 6’ Guard || AL Southern Starz 2027 Nike #22 || River Ridge Jr Knights #0 |

6’5” Riley Stack- C- from South Carolina(dad Ryan played for USC-East)

RUSNE AUGUSTINAITE- POSITION: G​

• HEIGHT 5-11
  • CLASS Junior
  • HOMETOWN Siauliai, Lithuania

Kate Koval
LuHi '24 | 6’5 | Center| #13

Skyla Tuthill
5’11” Guard c/o2025 / Team Curry 17U GUAA/ Queens, NY. Fort Mill, SC. / Blue 30 / 4.91GPA /

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
D. Kyles: 2023 6’4 Post, Michigan crossover 17u EYBL.

Kymora Johnson: 2023 | UAA WV Thunder 17u | u17 Skyline Elite (GA) | 3.51 honors./ 5’7”

Diana Collins, PG, 2023:
TexA&M, USC-West, Ga.(new staff), Fla., NC St., GT.
Reopened her recruiting on Mar. 23.

Chloe Kitts, G- 2023- 5 Star- SoutheasternStars

Inés Monteagudo- 2023 GT Offer & Recruit, 6’1”, PG-2G. Spanish National Team. 4.0 GPA

6’5” Riley Stack- C- from South Carolina(dad Ryan played for USC-East)
These are the 2023 targets from your list. That we are of interest to these young women says a lot about our program. Simply my read on our needs: Kitts, Collins and a post should be our priorities.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
These are the 2023 targets from your list. That we are of interest to these young women says a lot about our program. Simply my read on our needs: Kitts, Collins and a post should be our priorities.
I think you hit the GT “A” list with Kitts and Collins. Not that they would turn away K. Johnson or a few of the top ones we offered last year. Agreed on Tech has to replace one or both “bigs” who could leave after this upcoming season.
With the portal, too! 2024 looks very promising to get all needs met.

Tried to be careful to mention the student athletes that are qualified or highly projected to qualify. You know as well as anyone on here that post players don’t always want that extra challenge with our academics.