#GTvsMIA Postgame

Eli

Helluva Engineer
We were handed a win. Made a play when it mattered, but a serious blunder resulted in a win. We were man handled all night.

Yet no one remembers who had more total yards or who was manhandled just the final result. Also I still fail to understand Georgia Tech fans logic. If we had 4 turnovers it is the fact we have no talent and were out coached but when we create 4 turnovers it’s because the other team handed us a win?

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
I agree, the 2nd half was much better than the first. The point still remains, 4 turnovers and an all time blunder handed us the game. At no point did I think we were in the drivers seat.
Did those turnovers just happen or did we cause them? We still had 75 yards to go with 26 seconds vs a team we barely had 150 yards against all night. C'mon man. We were in the driver's seat because Miami couldn't do what they normally do....score. Just like a passenger can't change the radio station, we didn't let Miami do anything.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
Did those turnovers just happen or did we cause them? We still had 75 yards to go with 26 seconds vs a team we barely had 150 yards against all night. C'mon man. We were in the driver's seat because Miami couldn't do what they normally do....score. Just like a passenger can't change the radio station, we didn't let Miami do anything.

Miami also ran 83 total plays. They didn’t impose their will at any point. So I am missing getting “manhandled”

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
So because I’m not happy with the way the team played…I’m a bad fan? Got it.
You're not a bad fan at all. In fact, I've always enjoyed your posts and you're unquestionably a very loyal fan.
But I have to say I think the team played great. They played with guts and fortitude, which is about nine tenths of college football.

slugboy

Staff member
The game stats are something out of HP Lovecraft (gameonpaper). Don’t look—you may go insane.

The winning percentage here is by play, not by time, so it’s not as drastic as the ESPN chart:

game-wp-401525519.jpg 2.png

And the expected points from offense are a race to the bottom (by plays, Miami ran more offensive plays than we did)

game-ep-401525519.jpg 2.png

bucknellbison31

Jolly Good Fellow
Didn't pick up on this, but apparently Cheney had 99 yards going into the fumble play. Tinfoil hat on, but is it possible that Cristobal put the entire game at risk just to get his RB a 100-yard game? If so, that would make it infinitely more funny lol

GT22

Georgia Tech Fan
Didn't pick up on this, but apparently Cheney had 99 yards going into the fumble play. Tinfoil hat on, but is it possible that Cristobal put the entire game at risk just to get his RB a 100-yard game? If so, that would make it infinitely more funny lol
Thought the same thing

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Well, he got his hundred yards, something he can tell his grandkids about (omitting the last unpleasant detail).

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I'm thinking those Black uniforms are just plain bad luck for anyone who wears them.

I'm willing to chip some money to get uga to wear black against us.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
We had a coach recently who cared more about stats than winning. Cristobal might be in the same position as that guy before long.