#GTvsMIA Postgame

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
I’ve said this before, but it’s getting more obvious with each game. Why is Cooley playing so much? If you don’t want to play Dontae, time to see Dickens. Cooley is legitimately killing us and I hate to put him on blast after this win, but it really is so bad.

TechPhi97

Ramblin' Wreck
I am sorry to say I turned off the game after their last first down thinking they would kneel down on their last three snaps. It never dawned on me that they would run the ball three plays in a row and fumble the ball. I also cannot believe they let a receiver get behind the defense with no time in the clock. What a win
Ef the canes. Go Jackets! I am stunned and ecstatic.
It was really the scramble drill, and Leary was crossing the field right to left and then pulled a u-turn just as the defender was reacting to King. Because we could tie it with a field goal, it makes sense that the safety would want to close down on a pass that would give us good field position.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
Id also like to point out that last night was the first time we saw players step up and make plays when we ABSOLUTELY NEEDED IT. Regardless of the controversial coaching blunder (or gift) by Miami, players stepped up. Jamal Haynes bullying his way into the endzone on 3rd and goal. Moala, who's had a terrible season and some of us wanting him benched (myself included) made a sack to hold Miami to a FG late in the game. I forget who had the strip in the last 30 seconds, but they made it happen. Controversial or not. Rutherford with a bobbling concentrated catch on the game winning drive. King who had a rough night came in absolutely CLUTCH to throw a dime to LEARY who was invisible all night for the game winner. Absolutely insane.

We still have so much to work on. Especially offensively. But I hope Key can take this and build from it and hopefully finish this season strong and get a bowl.

LFG. GO JACKETS!!

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

I injected this into my veins this morning...

Excited Ultimate Warrior GIF by WWE

Whatever that was they were throwing on the end zone at us only added to the celebration.

They were tossin' us cold ones. I think I saw a few tall boys, no?

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
With the amazing ending, can’t forget about Jamal Haynes absolutely unbelievable effort in dragging 2 canes defender in the end zone. If we settled for FG there, we probably loose the game.
Also HK giving up his body on the scramble to make it 10-7 in the 3rd. A lot of gritty young men on this team who will do whatever it takes to win.

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
Also HK giving up his body on the scramble to make it 10-7 in the 3rd. A lot of gritty young men on this team who will do whatever it takes to win.
The story of this game is that we couldn’t move the ball well on offense – but we made the critical plays when we had to. Miami had over 450 yards of offense and it appeared we were getting pushed around – but they failed to protect the ball, and we stopped them when we had to.

I tried to check the box score on ESPN even though I expected it to look ugly. Once again, ESPN inexplicably has no stats.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
His error was kicking it out of bounds. Stops the clock.

Clock doesn't start till someone touches the ball.

That's why kicking oob was so bad. Needed to kick up the middle. The if Miami doesn't fall on it, time runs out.

We were lucky to win. About half the yardage and plays by GT versus Miami. Only stats we won were points and turnovers.

But a win beats any loss.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
it's after lunch go ahead and give it to them.
I’m not sure. That was the worst loss I’ve ever seen, especially considering Miami was in the playoff hunt still. I’d let them text first congratulating on this one. I was heads down eyes forward no eye contact straight to the car leaving Hard Rock last night. I barely returned a Go Jackets but Miami fans, to their credit, were extremely cordial from tailgate to postgame. I even had one congratulate me on the way out.