#GTvsDUKE Postgame

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Thank God! We usually lose these types of games. The man upstairs gave us a break today. We are most appreciative.

Go Jackets!
This is precisely the kind of game we used to win, albeit with much lower scoring, in Dodd's day. The only stats that matter are the wins and losses. That said, this is a team that Kansas, yes that one, hung with for the better part of three quarters. In other words, Duke is not good, nor decent, they are a pretty mediocre team, certainly the trajectory for Coach Cut and the Devils is downward.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I don't think anyone wanted us to lose, but if half of us would tell the truth when we punted at about the 4 minute mark most would have said it was over the way we played on offense in the 2 nd half
In the not too distant past, most college football games WOULD have been over but those days are gone for good. Any team, in any game, is likely to go off on offense at any time. It is the state of the game these days. The quarterbacks and receivers are so good that defensive backs are almost helpless without pressure from the defensive line. Putting pressure on the opposing quarterback is the most important, in my view, component of winning football in this day. IIWII

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I was thinking after our next to last possession when JS missed the wide open TE by throwing off of his back foot that I was ready to turn the reigns over to JY. I am hopeful that that last drive helps Sims to really turn the corner.

When our Irish kid hit the 22 yard punt I was tearing my hair out and lamenting the loss of Percy Harvin. Then that kid hits a 70+ yarder and a 50+ yarder back to back and I am singing his praises from the rooftop of my home.

Is there anything crazier or wosres for one's health than watching 18-20 year old boys play football?
Nope...which is why it is so much fun and causes so much anguish. Watching Georgia Tech is not for the faint of heart to be sure.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
depends how good is their OL
Unfortunately, it is experienced and very good at pass blocking but this is a team that Tech can beat. It is also a team that can score in a hurry. We don't need a track meet, a game in the twenties would do just fine for us. That said, this is the same team that gave up 59 points to UNC, yep, the same team we beat. They also caused untold anguish and consternation on the Miami and Louisville fan sites with one point wins. FWIW.