#GTvsDUKE Postgame

green&gold

Jolly Good Fellow
WE JUST SUCK EVERYONE! WE WERE SUPPOSED TO WIN ALL OUR GAMES THIS YEAR BUT THATS IT WE SUCK! DONT ENJOY ANY OF OUR WINS BECAUSE WE ARE TRASH IT'S NOT LIKE WE WERE SUPPOSE TO WIN EVERYTHING THIS YEAR.

DieselTeeth

Jolly Good Fellow
Was watching most of the game at a bar so couldn’t tell how hurt we were.

Sounds like the OL and DBs were banged up based on postgame interview.

I’ll start with the positives since we won.

Sanders made 2 great plays on the last drive. Don’t know why we don’t throw to him more. He’s explosive.

Sims showed why he’s continued to keep the starting role though he didn’t play great. I wish we’d let him throw the ball down the field more too.

Defense kept fighting in the 2nd half and they were on the field a lot.

Nice to have a kicker I felt confident would make the game tying fg if we didn’t score a td at the end.

The bad. Not fun watching Duke dominate the LOS.

Play calling is starting to bother me. I’ve been pretty quiet on that front for a while because a lot of issues were up front. I’m starting to lose some patience with CDP.

All in all it’s great to see a GT win. And winning a game like that is better for a you g team than blowing out UNC. We had to have a stop on D and got it (thanks in part to a hold). And we had to score to win and we did.

Hopefully the break will let us heal up and we can win 2 in a row for the first time in a long time.
all glad for the win, I agree play calling looks lack luster . But the oline is cause for it all. CDP is forced to keep trying to run up the middle at least once per set of downs just to keep defens honest. Our oline play is such a hug issue with our offense. Simms and Gibbs would have a field day if we had solid oline play.
Defense on the other hand needs just as much work as an offensive group. Secondary needs major upgrades.

green&gold

Jolly Good Fellow
Hmmmm but we look the part. Don’t get me wrong, I’m thankful we won and proud of our boys for never fighting.

But the eyeball test says we suck. Or our OC sucks. Either way. We don’t look like a good team. Hard to argue that.
Boo hoo boo hoo. 5-7 was realistic, man.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Tongue in cheek I assume. We actually got incredibly outcoached today. If Cut was our coach we’d be fighting for the coastal this year.
Yes tongue in cheek and a friendly call out.

But I'll play.

Was that Cut's defense during our first two possessions? How about the last one where they let the same WR get behind them to lose the game?

Was that Cut's special teams unit? The one with the FG kicker, butterfinger punt returner and cover team that let Rey get loose?

I'm being serious and cute at the same time. I hated some of what we saw on the LOS. Also wasn't a fan of several offensive play calls. But it's almost like folks think we're playing playground ball and getting by in a road win. That didn't happen. We executed better in a variety of ways that folks have yet to acknowledge as evidence of coaching.

GSOJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Yes tongue in cheek and a friendly call out.

But I'll play.

Was that Cut's defense during our first two possessions? How about the last one where they let the same WR get behind them to lose the game?

Was that Cut's special teams unit? The one with the FG kicker, butterfinger punt returner and cover team that let Rey get loose?

I'm being serious and cute at the same time. I hated some of what we saw on the LOS. Also wasn't a fan of several offensive play calls. But it's almost like folks think we're playing playground ball and getting by in a road win. That didn't happen. We executed better in a variety of ways that folks have yet to acknowledge as evidence of coaching.
Cut's primary area of expertise has been offense, as Payton Manning would attest.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Anyone gonna disagree with me on the oline play, yet?

I thought the move by the coaches to bring in Lay to RG (more game experience than our sub guards last week) and shovel Johnson to RT after #54 went down was a really good move. Johnson did a credible job on the edge in protection and did not see Lay play any worse in the middle than anyone else. Glad Cooper held up. Agree that the Oline needs a lot of improvement but at times our protection play was better than our play call runs and some of the throws.

Jmonty71

Banned
I understand a win is a win.... It was an ugly win. Let's not sugar coat it. With that said. It was nice to see us win a game where we didn't bring our A game. Hell, we barely brought our D game... I like the fight these young men showed. Play calling continues to worry me. Duke gave us plays, to take and we just kept pounding that round peg, through the square hole. I think we under use the talent we have. Therefore; some on the team try to do more than they should. Example, Sims forcing passes, thinking he has to be the person to make a play. P'naude should be putting them in positions for wins, not in positions to be heroes.... Screens, slants and hitches need to become plays in our playbooks.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
True regarding the 28 point threshold. But we just played down to Duke.
It shouldn't have been close.
And yes the turnovers are on the coaches. They were both FORCED turnovers.
4 of 13 on 3rd down, not ideal???? That will get you beat most of the time.
Third downs were were actually 2/11 until our last drive. That is why we were behind.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
End of the year this goes in the win column. I didn’t get a chance to watch but we won on a sloppy track in a place that has been problematic for us. Still have a chance to go bowling. All you could ask at the start of the day

Week off hopefully helps the OL who needs all the help they can get. Move forward

GoJacketsInRaleigh

Ramblin' Wreck
If Cut was our coach, we wouldn't have half of our most talented players, and he would be retiring at the end of the season. There are worse situations to find ourselves in. Also, we won today!!!
The guy who's team made several dumb penalties, gave up big plays in crucial situations and came out wholly unprepared and was down 14-0 quickly? That same Cut?

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Does anyone actually believe that if the roles were reversed any of the posters saying Cut outcoached Collins would say the same thing? Of course not. It would be all about how we were unprepared, had terrible decisions to go for fieldgoals, terrible special teams, and a complete blow up over allowing the last drive for a TD to lose the game.