#GTvsCLEM Postgame

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
I hate the end around in the end zone. When has that ever worked?

I liked the shovel but would have liked it better to Mason instead of the TE. Our TE is not the best and running through contact.
Kelly Campbell against NC State.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Yeah the Clemson folks that I know where loosing their damn minds yesterday. So we did something right. Dabo thinks they can get the QB situation corrected , but fans think it's way more than that
In some ways, this game may say more about Clemson than us. Their quarterback is not going to take them to the promised land and I guarantee you North Carolina State and others are thinking the Tigers are not so mighty anymore. That said, the Tiger defense is every bit as advertised. We will see. Next week we have an altogether different challenge with the Tar Heel aerial circus.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
As of right now, according to DFEI, Clemson is the second best defense in NCAAFB. Not many people are scoring at all on them, and no one is scoring TDs. Unfortunately for us, we play the nations best defense in game 12...
It’s been 3 games. And they’ve played 2 bad offenses. Let’s not crown them the Ravens Ray Lewis team yet. They are good but teams will score on them. Clemson is way down right now. Probably will still win the ACC but there is a reason they are dropping in the polls.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Say what you want - our best player group is the RB's - we did not attempt to use them in the correct way. If we had lined up behind center (first time all game), and hit them fast and hard, I believe we score with Jordan, but we can agree to disagree. Those first 2 plays were just overthinking ourselves, IN MY OPINION.
If I recall correctly we tried that approach against NIU in the first game on the 2-3 yard line and failed to gain a yard on two under center runs. Not inspiring as Clemson is a tad bit better than NIL.

Good play calls are ones that work, period. Plays that don’t work are bad play calls, period.

Well that’s how fans view it!

IM79

Jolly Good Fellow
Lol. Btw, how bad did Yates look running the option out there? I cringed...
I think the option play was used to set up the shovel pass play for the goal line situation.

Especially since I don’t remember us running a shovel pass to the tight end in forever.

I think Coach P had no confidence we could push the Clemson d line enough to gain one yard on the goal line. And I agree with that after seeing how we did on the goal line in the first game and in this game. I Don’t think they could have punched it in. So we went with trickery. And it almost worked.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I think the option play was used to set up the shovel pass play for the goal line situation.

Especially since I don’t remember us running a shovel pass to the tight end in forever.

I think Coach P had no confidence we could push the Clemson d line enough to gain one yard on the goal line. And I agree with that after seeing how we did on the goal line in the first game and in this game. I Don’t think they could have punched it in. So we went with trickery. And it almost worked.
I thought it was a good call, although I was hoping to see Dontae try to run outside. But yeah, I have no problem with the call. If he gets another yard, nobody's complaining.

IM79

Jolly Good Fellow
I thought it was a good call, although I was hoping to see Dontae try to run outside. But yeah, I have no problem with the call. If he gets another yard, nobody's complaining.
I love him on that as well but I think P wanted to surprise them with something we hadn’t used before.
That had to be a pre-planned sequence with option play setting it up. When the play started with all the motion to the left, I thought they were doing the option play again.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I love him on that as well but I think P wanted to surprise them with something we hadn’t used before.
That had to be a pre-planned sequence with option play setting it up. When the play started with all the motion to the left, I thought they were doing the option play again.
Yes. I like the element of surprise and I'm glad to see the coaches come up with something unexpected, even if it didn't work out.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer

I’m not sure he’s wrong. But if that’s going to be our approach then we need to be much better at trickery. As we’ve been told we now run an offense that’s designed to win 1:1 matchups, not create deception and numbers advantages. Maybe that’s not the best approach all of the time?