GTSWARM members get together

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I was told by a City Club Marietta employee a few weeks ago that the course will be closed for several weeks beginning right after Memorial Day in order to re-do the greens. I don’t know how firm the schedule is or if it has changed since then.
Thank you! I’ll give them a call.

Can anyone else think of a nice course suitable for all skill levels? Just Incase Marietta City club doesn’t work out?

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer

Can anyone else think of a nice course suitable for all skill levels? Just Incase Marietta City club doesn’t work out?

My retirement job is working at the Providence Club in the Monroe/ Winder area, but that may be too far out for some (and it’s getting dangerously close to the cesspool)

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
My retirement job is working at the Providence Club in the Monroe/ Winder area, but that may be too far out for some (and it’s getting dangerously close to the cesspool)
Lol, I don’t care where but that might be to far for some. I live in Henry county and wouldn’t even mind playing at Heron Bay or crystal lakes.

turfjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I've been emoloyed by SummerGrove Golf Club in Newnan for about ten years and would gladly host a group of fellow Jackets if you all would like to play there. It would depend on the date and if we have any other outings scheduled for that day. If interested let me know and I'll see what kind of rates I can get depending how many people etc...

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I've been emoloyed by SummerGrove Golf Club in Newnan for about ten years and would gladly host a group of fellow Jackets if you all would like to play there. It would depend on the date and if we have any other outings scheduled for that day. If interested let me know and I'll see what kind of rates I can get depending how many people etc...
So, I just looked the course up and might have seen you in one of the google photos lol. Blue GT pullover with a white beard? I wouldn’t mind playing here though, I’m actually looking into building in Newnan. What’s the rate if you couldn’t get it down?

turfjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
So, I just looked the course up and might have seen you in one of the google photos lol. Blue GT pullover with a white beard? I wouldn’t mind playing here though, I’m actually looking into building in Newnan. What’s the rate if you couldn’t get it down?
Oh no! That may have been me but could have been our other Tech fan that works there. We both kind of fit that description. Our weekend rates before 3:30 are $51 and weekdays before 3:30 are $41. If enough are interested I'll get with our GM and see what I can do.

bravejason

Jolly Good Fellow

The Frog, Bradshaw Farms, Wolf Creek, Cobblestone, Stonemont, Lakemont, Mystery Valley, Cherokee Run are some public or semi-private courses that probably fit the bill without being terribly far away. To stay in town, you have to play an Atlanta municipal course, of which your best options are Browns Mill and Chastain (formerly, North Fulton).

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
The Frog, Bradshaw Farms, Wolf Creek, Cobblestone, Stonemont, Lakemont, Mystery Valley, Cherokee Run are some public or semi-private courses that probably fit the bill without being terribly far away. To stay in town, you have to play an Atlanta municipal course, of which your best options are Browns Mill and Chastain (formerly, North Fulton).
You down to play?

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I’m just trying to think of a course that is suitable for most golfers good and bad and cost efficient for everyone.

Jim Prather

Helluva Engineer
Not a golfer here, but has anyone considered Bobby Jones Golf Course? It's public, but nice. Best yet, it is right off I-75 and Northside drive

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Not a golfer here, but has anyone considered Bobby Jones Golf Course? It's public, but nice. Best yet, it is right off I-75 and Northside drive
BJ is only 9 holes, but very nice now. Some days they play 18 in reverse but I do not reccomend that play. When I played it opening day, we almost got into a fight because playing it as 18 is very confusing for most folks. And no clubhouse, only trailer.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
BJ is only 9 holes, but very nice now. Some days they play 18 in reverse but I do not reccomend that play. When I played it opening day, we almost got into a fight because playing it as 18 is very confusing for most folks. And no clubhouse, only trailer.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk
I always said you needed a hard hat to play Bobby Jones but that was back in the 80's.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Hey everyone, June 29th looks to be the best date for almost everyone! I know this isn’t the best location for everyone, but almost every other course would have people driving over an hour, so Towne lakes Hills looks to be the best. If you are for sure able to make this let me know and I will get the tee times set up! Was thinking about teeing off at 10:00 that way people can get there early enough to warm up!

Price is $59.00.

Also if you know any friends that would like to go, let me know. We will get a discounted rate if we have 20 or more. We are around 13 or so right now.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Anything like apres-ski in golfing? I don't golf and never would; I've seen what it does to peoples's backs. Oth, I'd be perfectly willing to sit around and have a drink with people who do golf after they get off the course. It's not as if you have cooties or anything.