GT's Rich Tradition and History in College Football, What say You?

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
The three most important awards in college football after winning an NC are all named after Georgia Tech folks:

• Best player: Heisman Award
  • Best Coach: Dodd Award
  • Best Atletic Director: Rice Award
Pretty cool.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
7 - 6 over #1 ranked Alabama 1962 ( I'm in the North stands)
Dinner at Camellia Garden after the games.
John Wayne whistling "Ramblin Wreck" in the movie "The High and the Mighty".
Don't forget Gregory Peck and the Man in the Grey Flannel suit and Richard Nixon and Nikita Kruschchev at a Moscow summit

Stony157

Georgia Tech Fan
I lived in Cloudman dorm and remember walking directly across Techwood to be first or nearly first in line for the games to sit directly behind the visiting bench. Beat UT 6-3 in 1966. Kim King and Lenny Snow. Freshman football games. Bobby Dodd's last year coaching. Watching away games at the Varsity since there were no TVs in the dorms.

I lived in Cloudman dorm and remember walking directly across Techwood to be first or nearly first in line for the games to sit directly behind the visiting bench. Beat UT 6-3 in 1966. Kim King and Lenny Snow. Freshman football games. Bobby Dodd's last year coaching. Watching away games at the Varsity since there were no TVs in the dorms.
In the early 60s, Smith dorm had a TV in the lounge. I don't know if other dorms did or not, but I'm surprised if they didn't

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
The win over #2 Alabama in Birmingham in '81.....the only game we won that year.

Beating Alabama in 1962 with sophomore Joe Namath. Beating Penn State in 1966 in Joe Paterno's first year. Beating Notre Dame in 1975? without throwing a pass. Watching David Sims, ELI, and Adrian Rucker run over UGA in the rain in Athens. Watching Rock Perdoni, Smylie Gebhardt and Bill Flowers shut down Michigan State 10-0 in 1970? The Black Watch with Ted Roof, Pat Swilling, Cleve Pounds, Ivery Lee, Glenn Spencer, and the guys shut down one opponent after another with ferocious tackling. Watching "Big Play" Willie Clay and All American Ken Swilling do their thing against Clemson in 1990. Watching in utter disbelief as Tenuta's defense absolutely terrorized number 3 Miami. Watching the underdog Jackets beat Auburn not once but twice. Megatron's miracle catch against NC State and another against Clemson. Tevin Washington having the game of his career against undefeated and heavily favored third ranked Clemson in 2011. So many memories even with all the obstacles placed before us by the Board of Regents, without a bag man in sight.