GT's first offensive play of the game

gtg147g

Georgia Tech Fan
I was thinking A-back counter too, with rocket toss motion.. We'll see that at some point, if it's not the first play. I could also see play action (either Dive or rocket toss fake) pass to Aback down the seam. Honestly I don't care if the first play gets blown up for a 10 yard loss - we'll adjust. My eyes will be on the MLB/safety.

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
CPJ has shown time and time again that if he sees something on opponent's film, he'll exploit it and go for the homerun. That said, I think he goes with an exploratory play like GTG stated above (rocket toss) to see how the defense will react.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
He doesn't do it very often on the first play, but I'm going with play action and a deep pass. I beleive we did it against UGA on our first play in 2013 to Waller.

Declinometer

Banned
He doesn't do it very often on the first play, but I'm going with play action and a deep pass. I beleive we did it against UGA on our first play in 2013 to Waller.

I sense that he has backed off of this tactic because more often than not it has put him behind the chains. I for one am glad. Now when we are up by a couple of scores I like the idea on the first play of a new possession.