#GTCamp20 Coverage

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
Elite playmakers.
This is numero uno.

The QB, RB and WR can change a game. A guy like Nick Fairley (Dwag LB that went to the bears) is one(two) of those guys on D as well. I have confidence in CGC to get those guys. It’ll take a few years but Gibbs, Sims, Jamious and Gowdy are and would’ve been Elite playmakers. Collins will get us there. He has a great history along those lines.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
This is numero uno.

The QB, RB and WR can change a game. A guy like Nick Fairley (Dwag LB that went to the bears) is one(two) of those guys on D as well. I have confidence in CGC to get those guys. It’ll take a few years but Gibbs, Sims, Jamious and Gowdy are and would’ve been Elite playmakers. Collins will get us there. He has a great history along those lines.
Irrelevant, but Nick Fairley played DL at Auburn. Maybe you’re thinking of Roquan Smith?

BurdellJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
This is numero uno.

Didn't Fairely go to Auburn?

Techster

Helluva Engineer

BAHAHAHA!!! CGC just got the radio eye roll from Shapiro when asked about the QB race. CGC gave the usual "We don't have starters, we only have Above The Line players..."

You know a few of you have had the same reaction about ATL.

On another note, the GT reporter is putting vote in for Jordan Yates as starter when season starts. That's not the first time I've heard that...apparently he's having a really good camp.

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
BAHAHAHA!!! CGC just got the radio eye roll from Shapiro when asked about the QB race. CGC gave the usual "We don't have starters, we only have Above The Line players..."

You know a few of you have had the same reaction about ATL.

On another note, the GT reporter is putting vote in for Jordan Yates as starter when season starts. That's not the first time I've heard that...apparently he's having a really good camp.
He’s usually the one in videos running with the 1st team it appears.

pinglett

Ramblin' Wreck
Why would you not start your best QB? This may be stating the obvious but the guy that walks into the field and takes the first snap is the starter. If you trot out #2 or #3 QB that would make no sense.
I agree. But if they would just play by the ATL rules, we could at least find out if our plan is to use multiple QBs. Then we could ask which ones are ATL, etc.

mtodd30

Ramblin' Wreck
He and Patenaude have stated in interviews that they want to stick to one QB. It’s just like last year where the first few games they need to see who does well in game time situations

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
On one hand, I want to hear the Collins interview.
On the other, Finneran is the best of the three interviewers, and not only is that not saying much, but he also talks the least.
I can sum it up fo you, I just listened.
1) No starting QB will be named. If you are ATL, you will play your role.
2) He is energized by all his guys
3) He learned how to make WaHo waffles at home, from the line cook at the Far Road Waffle House. He makes waffles with his baby daughter.
4) Loud music is being played in the background

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I can sum it up fo you, I just listened.
1) No starting QB will be named. If you are ATL, you will play your role.
2) He is energized by all his guys
3) He learned how to make WaHo waffles at home, from the line cook at the Far Road Waffle House. He makes waffles with his baby daughter.
4) Loud music is being played in the background
ETA
3) I think he was saying Pharr Road (the one in buckhead
5) Coach sounded like he was walking up hill, outside for the first half of the interview (apparently was walking to practice) then had loud music going in the back ground for the second.. haha talk about time compressed schedule
6) Coach wouldn't bite when asked how he felt about not playing uGa other than to say he was sorry for our senior class.. Did not mention extra year of eligibility though.