#GTCamp20 Coverage

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
To me the most interesting part is who he did not cover or mention, but that will happen as it should during the season as it plays out. If I heard him right he talked the most about what we knew from last year, that the DBs were the strongest part of the team. At least that's what I came away with.
He is not going to let anyone know much of anything now and that's as it should be.

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
To me the most interesting part is who he did not cover or mention, but that will happen as it should during the season as it plays out. If I heard him right he talked the most about what we knew from last year, that the DBs were the strongest part of the team. At least that's what I came away with.
He is not going to let anyone know much of anything now and that's as it should be.
2020 national champions. Calling it now.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
BAHAHAHA!!! CGC just got the radio eye roll from Shapiro when asked about the QB race. CGC gave the usual "We don't have starters, we only have Above The Line players..."

You know a few of you have had the same reaction about ATL.

On another note, the GT reporter is putting vote in for Jordan Yates as starter when season starts. That's not the first time I've heard that...apparently he's having a really good camp.
Why would any coach talk about QBs in that situation? The interviewers who keep going there are just showing what idiots they are.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Every player CGC mentioned were CPJ guys, It’s a real testament to the players we have here and how they have not only bought in, but lead the culture change.
I hadn't thought of it the way you describe, but it's mostly true, save for Ahmarean Brown. I think he was intentionally hitting every single digit number at the top.

Jim Prather

Helluva Engineer
Is it just me, or does it seem like we are getting WAY less information this year. I don't think I can ever remember a year where there has been so little communication and almost no camp highlight videos. And what we do get is all fluff and no substance.
Are there any sources, such as the Atlantic, which are doing a better job? I never bothered in the past because you could get most of what you needed from the papers and the GT Athletics videos and articles.

Jacketman99

Ramblin' Wreck
Is it just me, or does it seem like we are getting WAY less information this year. I don't think I can ever remember a year where there has been so little communication and almost no camp highlight videos. And what we do get is all fluff and no substance.
Are there any sources, such as the Atlantic, which are doing a better job? I never bothered in the past because you could get most of what you needed from the papers and the GT Athletics videos and articles.
I think this is in line with most other programs. What we see is what our opponents see. Most coaches don't want to provide any information for their opponents. What we get is going be be pretty basic.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
What do y’all not understand about building a program? Some of you act like this is our year to win a Natty. We need to play all QB’s to see who steps forward in game action. This is the year to do it because like the old saying goes - if you have four you have none. I want to have a legit P5 QB in one year from today when GT football steps back into relevance.

Jim Prather

Helluva Engineer
I think this is in line with most other programs. What we see is what our opponents see. Most coaches don't want to provide any information for their opponents. What we get is going be be pretty basic.
In general I agree, but it seems like we have gotten much more in years past, especially last year. We got a TON of hype videos last year showing snippets of practice. Almost none this year...

MidtownJacket

Staff member
In general I agree, but it seems like we have gotten much more in years past, especially last year. We got a TON of hype videos last year showing snippets of practice. Almost none this year...
I presume that non-critical people aren't spending time around the guys.. maybe Morpheus / film crews have more limited access to the guys