#GTCamp20 Coverage

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I hate to say it... but Curry is not our best LB. He is just the most seasoned. I'm willing to bet he is not "starting" by the 3rd or 4th game. I expect Christian and Knight to pass him with rather ease.
Jerry Howard not Christian. Meant to type JH, but Christian came to mind for some reason 😂

Gtswifty81

Jolly Good Fellow
Heh. The old '3rd and 15, qb sneak for 45yds' play?

:confused:

Even though I don’t think that was the 1st string at that point, I don’t think it was quite that bad.Sims looks to be 6 or 7 yds deep in the pocket at the start of the clip and the defender has him lined up to be tackled as soon as the clip switches views. It always looks worse when you aren’t allowed to hit the QB, but I bet that was closer to a 10-15 yd play.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
I hate to say it... but Curry is not our best LB. He is just the most seasoned. I'm willing to bet he is not "starting" by the 3rd or 4th game. I expect Christian and Knight to pass him with rather ease.
Knight is OLB and is already starting. Not a lot of true ILB on the roster ready to take over for #6. He’s going to be the whipping boy of the defense this season and take a lot of negativity from the fans. Although he’s not the best vs the Run Curry is real solid in Pass Coverage which is what you expect from him he’s a former Safety. Quez Jackson is the one you may see take reps from Curry.

D-man44

Helluva Engineer
Knight is OLB and is already starting. Not a lot of true ILB on the roster ready to take over for #6. He’s going to be the whipping boy of the defense this season and take a lot of negativity from the fans. Although he’s not the best vs the Run Curry is real solid in Pass Coverage which is what you expect from him he’s a former Safety. Quez Jackson is the one you may see take reps from Curry.
Yeah I'm hoping we may get to see some Franks at some point.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Yeah I'm hoping we may get to see some Franks at some point.

I always have the opposite mentality....I never want to see true FR on the field. I always prefer to have equally as athletic but more seasoned upperclassmen in the pipeline. I have been known to make exceptions for Fr like Calvin Johnson or A.Brown or anyone who is unlikely to stay for 4 years before leaving for the league but we haven't been overrun with those types here at Tech. As the saying goes, the further from the ball they (FR) are the better it is.

D-man44

Helluva Engineer
I always have the opposite mentality....I never want to see true FR on the field. I always prefer to have equally as athletic but more seasoned upperclassmen in the pipeline. I have been known to make exceptions for Fr like Calvin Johnson or A.Brown or anyone who is unlikely to stay for 4 years before leaving for the league but we haven't been overrun with those types here at Tech. As the saying goes, the further from the ball they (FR) are the better it is.
Eh we won't be very good anyway might as well get the young guys some reps in a year that sounds like it might not even count toward the 4 years.

SWATlien

Ramblin' Wreck
I don’t see how Sims doesn’t get major playing time regardless of who is declared “starter”. Too dynamic.

I’m glad Coach Key is starting to get his guys in but I’m sure Coach Knight wishes the same. Better put Biggers in the wraps and hide him.

Curious about the WR & LB rotations, two very disappointing groups last season. Bruce should go back to LB.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Eh we won't be very good anyway might as well get the young guys some reps in a year that sounds like it might not even count toward the 4 years.

You may very well be correct my friend but I don't like starting this or any other season with that mindset and I bet the staff and team don't think that way as well. I do agree if the train jumps the tracks then begin to think long term but not now, in August. Right now our goal should be to win them all. That also helps in the long term as well!