#GTCamp15

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Likewise. I also think each of them gave honest answers, which makes it somewhat interesting.

CPJ is always looking for more, and more importantly he wants his players to know he is looking for more. One day even in his "glowing" praise of J Thomas he had to add "makes good plays most days". I talked to Golden at the CFHOF night and he offered that he is looking for improvement over last season, and he probably thinks that is happening.

Carober18

Georgia Tech Fan
CPJ is always looking for more, and more importantly he wants his players to know he is looking for more. One day even in his "glowing" praise of J Thomas he had to add "makes good plays most days". I talked to Golden at the CFHOF night and he offered that he is looking for improvement over last season, and he probably thinks that is happening.

No disagreement here. I do not think the two are mutually exclusive. CPJ and JG are probably each looking for more, but kids are more likely to be honest while experienced coaches are likely to be coy while remaining honest. You nailed it when you said that CPJ wants his players to know he is looking for more. The reality in college football and life in general in this day is that there are talented, smart and educated people everywhere, so if you are not always looking for more, then tomorrow (whether that is tomorrow, 4 Saturdays from now, 10 Saturdays from now or 5 years from now) you will be behind before you know it.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Saturday, August 22 -- Practice #21Georgia Tech wrapped the week with a special teams scrimmage on Saturday morning at Bobby Dodd Stadium. The scrimmage was focused on kickoffs, returns, field goals and punting, with Tech being divided into two teams, and points being awarded for field goals, touchdowns returns and converting first downs on fake punts.

"There wasn't anything that stood out, but that's why you do it, so you see what you need to work on," said head coach Paul Johnson.

With the Yellow Jackets' preseason preparation in the home stretch, there are just seven more scheduled practices before the 2015 season opens on Thursday, Sept. 3 versus Alcorn State at 7:30 p.m. Tech has tomorrow off, and is set to practice Monday through Thursday next week.

"Will do some game-type stuff on Thursday and then give them a couple days off next (next weekend), and it'll be here before you know it," said Johnson.

Buzz4Him

Georgia Tech Fan
Macon telegraph had a couple good articles, but I don't know how to post them here. They like them some AJ Gray too.

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer
@GeorgiaTechFB Notebook – Monday, August 24 – Practice #22

Georgia Tech entered its last full week before next week’s Thursday Night opener with a two-hour practice Monday on Alexander Rose Bowl Field. Monday’s practice included some work on fourth downs and ended with on 11-on-11 period that focused on two-point conversion plays.

With their two leading wide receivers from last season taken in the NFL Draft, the Yellow Jackets continue to search for answers at that position. Junior WR Micheal Summers is back, while sophomore Ricky Juene and freshman Brad Stewart have been enjoying good camps. In an attempt to strength the competition at that spot, head coach Paul Johnson announced that redshirt freshman DB Jalen Johnson was moved to receiver.

“It’s still a big jumble behind the first three,” said Johnson after Monday’s practice. “We moved Jalen Johnson there to see if he could beat the other guys out. He was a receiver in high school so we’ll give him a chance.”

Tech is back on the practice field Tuesday and Wednesday, and will hold a closed scrimmage Thursday afternoon.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Players keep mentioning Will Bryan. That's always a good indicator he will be very good before he's done. Was certainly true of Uzzi and Shaq.

I wish the damn media would stop talking to shoddy about that break. He sounds a bit uncertain about it. Hope that vanishes once live action comes and he gets through that first game. I ain't criticizing him btw....was an ugly break.