GTAA loses a good one

GTFLETCH

Banned
I am happy to see him go.. I hope we can get someone who can schedule better.... His poor scheduling in 2008/2013/ BYU series canx/Tulane almost lost, losing the Bama series has done nothing for the program....

I hope we can get the 2017 schedule finalized... I find it dishearting that a midwest team and other G5 programs can have their schedule filled out through 2019 and we cant have anything solidified past 2016. If we can fix the scheduling then we can start being a first class football program again, until that gets fixed we will be an avg program in everyones eyes

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
I am happy to see him go.. I hope we can get someone who can schedule better.... His poor scheduling in 2008/2013/ BYU series canx/Tulane almost lost, losing the Bama series has done nothing for the program....

I hope we can get the 2017 schedule finalized... I find it dishearting that a midwest team and other G5 programs can have their schedule filled out through 2019 and we cant have anything solidified past 2016. If we can fix the scheduling then we can start being a first class football program again, until that gets fixed we will be an avg program in everyones eyes
You put a heck of a lot of emphasis on the scheduling of 3 out of conference games. And the bolded part is a wee bit of an exaggeration as well.

GTFLETCH

Banned
You put a heck of a lot of emphasis on the scheduling of 3 out of conference games. And the bolded part is a wee bit of an exaggeration as well.

Not sure what planet you live on, but GT Football gets No Respect.... Since we have been in the ACC Championship game most years under CPJ, then yes 3 OOC games matter.... Let me ask you something how has stanford changed there program around? Those 3 games matter...

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
I don't have a huge issue with Bobinski taking a wait and see approach to CPJ in 2014, let's not forget CPJ entered the 2014 season with a lot of questions. My only issue with MBob is the inconsistent stance he took with CPJ and didn't apply the same reasoning with Gregory. That looked REALLY bad, and cost us buyout money in the process.
I have several issues with the way MBob handled CPJ's renewal. I'm glad that it finally got done, but the process was bumpy. Saying one thing while doing other things isn't a good long-term way to work.

Net result was CPJ coaching at his very best despite feeling quite unwanted. Folks who assume he has had no opportunities to leave over the years assume wrongly. While I don't hold the Athletic department to be a daily Kumbaya fest, I do believe that MBob is lacking in relational skills and needs to finally get to know his coaches a bit better.

Sure hate to lose an established lieutenant who probably did (among other things) make the Tech AA a better place to work.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder

Easier said than done, NO ONE wants to play GT as a OOC team...why would you? Who wants to face our offense as a OOC team?

Bamford did a good job.

presjacket

Ramblin' Wreck

I'm not sure I follow your post. You seem to be blaming the man for the 2008 schedule when he didn't arrive at Tech until 2011. What BYU series was cancelled? We played them twice - and lost both! Losing only helps your team's perception if you are in the SEC and are losing to another SEC team. And we haven't played Bama in decades. The last round of conference expansion a few years ago really monkeyed with the schedules of a lot of teams.

I think Bamford did a masterful job saving the Tulane game last year after Tulane wanted to back out.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer

Waaaaaaaaaaaay over stated. I'm with Bruce. There's no way to know how much of what little you stated was even in his control, anyway. I've heard different stories on the Bama fiasco, some say they backed out, some say we did, some say they demanded something ridiculous that we'd have been foolish to accept.....