GT @ Wake Kick Time: 6:30pm on the CW

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
If you have Amazon Prime, you can download the CW app and stream it that way. I know the ramblewreck.com page says it won't be streamed on the app, but the app says it will stream all live sports events? I dunno, but it's free and worth a try.
Comcast actually has it listed now! So I should be all set. Thanks for the info. I’m gonna keep that in mind for a backup just in case.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
I just downloaded the CW app on my Apple TV and did a search for Georgia Tech and it showed an ad for the game. Didn't see anyway to sign up as the app just seems to stream CW content with commercials. Maybe it will work. I'm in North Alabama.
I'm in North AL too, our local CW station is on HULU + live TV, and I believe one of the stations downtown broadcasts the North AL CW, so you could probably get it via antenna

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
It’s wearying to go through this every other week during football season. I usually don’t know until game time, whether the game is going to be carried (even when it’s listed) whether the game is blacked out, or if a given app is going to work.

I’ve learned to not get excited for games and tune in late since I always record anyway if it’s going to be carried.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
It’s wearying to go through this every other week during football season. I usually don’t know until game time, whether the game is going to be carried (even when it’s listed) whether the game is blacked out, or if a given app is going to work.

I’ve learned to not get excited for games and tune in late since I always record anyway if it’s going to be carried.

Yep. I'm about mentally checked out on it. A couple years ago I couldn't stream them because of "local blackouts" with good ole Bally. Now we are rolling with the Vampire Diaries station which is "available" to 98% (total lie lol). It shouldn't be this difficult.

AugustaSwarm

Jolly Good Fellow
Comcast actually has it listed now! So I should be all set. Thanks for the info. I’m gonna keep that in mind for a backup just in case.
Now the CW app no longer says it will stream live sports. :-/ I guess I'll start looking for another option.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Yep. I'm about mentally checked out on it. A couple years ago I couldn't stream them because of "local blackouts" with good ole Bally. Now we are rolling with the Vampire Diaries station which is "available" to 98% (total lie lol). It shouldn't be this difficult.
I wonder if the powers to be at the ACC know or care about this issue? I 100% agree that it is frustrating to go through the mental gymnastics to see if you can watch the game or not. That is why I love the night games - if they don't get shown I have not wasted a good day of fishing, golf or hunting sitting around the house.

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
The annoying part is we get 0.41% of the year for Georgia Tech football.
.41%. Man, I'm lucky if I get half that in my house....
episode 11 cat GIF

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Mid-sixties with a 64% probability of rain forecast for Saturday. How might that impact us?
The low pressure area is supposed to move out of central NC that afternoon. It may still be windy. The worst of it will be a long the coast and eastern NC. Glad this one is not a noon game. Supposed to be a sell out but not a big stadium. Maybe 40K but they are selling tickets on the grassy bank in the end zone.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, I know I’m whining about first world problems but it’s hard enough to be a Tech fan anyway without putting multiple barriers in the way to tamp down enthusiasm.

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
When I search on CW app, it doesn’t show a future listing. When I search on Roku, it shows a future listing for 11 am tomorrow. When I search on DirecTV, it shows it will air on CW tomorrow at 5:30. I’m in Nashville.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, I know I’m whining about first world problems but it’s hard enough to be a Tech fan anyway without putting multiple barriers in the way to tamp down enthusiasm.

I don't consider it first world probz when I have lived within 45 minutes of campus for years and get blacked out for lots of road games(especially). I could understand it more if I was in like Oregon or somewhere (just for example), but making it that annoying for even your local fans is just really dumb.

Last edited:

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Correction to my previous post in this thread. The GT-WF game will be on Spectrum cable channel 707 (Peachtree TV).
Thanks for the heads up about 707. I was locked into CW on 709, probably wouldn't have found it on 707, and after some pointless oaths would have ended up listening to the radio broadcast.

To reiterate guys, if you have Spectrum it's on channel 707.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
Good news for you. The research of Messrs. Dunning and Kruger imply that if you suspect that you are, you're probably not. Likewise, if you are sure that you are not, you probably are. It's a paradox but one that is somewhat easier to assimilate (for me anyways) than that damn Schroedinger's cat thing for the most part. But not as vexing as the mystery of why we (GT) can only be good at one of three components of American football - offense, defense, and special teams - during any given football season. ;)

I thought if it was more like Schroedinger's cat, then you would be both a dunce and not a dunce, until you open your mouth and it is confirmed.

Last edited: