GT @ Wake Kick Time: 6:30pm on the CW

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Good news for you. The research of Messrs. Dunning and Kruger imply that if you suspect that you are, you're probably not. Likewise, if you are sure that you are not, you probably are. It's a paradox but one that is somewhat easier to assimilate (for me anyways) than that damn Schroedinger's cat thing for the most part. But not as vexing as the mystery of why we (GT) can only be good at one of three components of American football - offense, defense, and special teams - during any given football season. ;)
T.S. Eliot has perhaps the best explanation of that phenomenon:

Schrodinger's cat's a mystery cat, he illustrates the laws;​
The complicated things he does have no apparent cause;​
He baffles the determinist, and drives him to despair​
For when they try to pin him down—the quantum cat's not there!​
Schrodinger's cat's a mystery cat, he's given to random decisions;​
His mass is slightly altered by a cloud of virtual kittens;​
The vacuum fluctuations print his traces in the air​
But if you try to find him, the quantum cat's not there!
Schrodinger's cat's a mystery cat, he's very small and light,​
And if you try to pen him in, he tunnels out of sight;​
So when the cruel scientist confined him in a box​
With poison-capsules, triggered by bizarre atomic clocks,​
He wasn't alive, he wasn't dead, or half of each: I swear​
That when they fixed his eigenstate—he simply wasn't there!

from Old Possum's Book of Quantum Vivisection

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
I have a question for y'all. The hulu guide has "atlanta 69" as a channel. Does anyone know if it will air on there or am I screwed? Kinda confusing for this ole brain with multiple affiliates etc.

Jim Prather

Helluva Engineer
T.S. Eliot has perhaps the best explanation of that phenomenon:

Schrodinger's cat's a mystery cat, he illustrates the laws;​
The complicated things he does have no apparent cause;​
He baffles the determinist, and drives him to despair​
For when they try to pin him down—the quantum cat's not there!​
Schrodinger's cat's a mystery cat, he's given to random decisions;​
His mass is slightly altered by a cloud of virtual kittens;​
The vacuum fluctuations print his traces in the air​
But if you try to find him, the quantum cat's not there!
Schrodinger's cat's a mystery cat, he's very small and light,​
And if you try to pen him in, he tunnels out of sight;​
So when the cruel scientist confined him in a box​
With poison-capsules, triggered by bizarre atomic clocks,​
He wasn't alive, he wasn't dead, or half of each: I swear​
That when they fixed his eigenstate—he simply wasn't there!

from Old Possum's Book of Quantum Vivisection
Did you just come up with that? If so, I am immensely impressed. If not, where did you find it?

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Did you just come up with that? If so, I am immensely impressed. If not, where did you find it?
It is a real T.S. Eliot poem. It was an unpublished work found in his manuscripts back around 1989. He had several quantum physics related poems (in various stages of completion) that were first published in (of all places) Physics Today. The poem is untitled, and I don't know if it has made it's way into his formal body of work since 89.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Two straight kickoff times that will not hinder neither the morning round of golf nor the subsequent 19th hole revelry. The infamous words of the immortal Ignatius Reilly springs immediately to mind..."Oh Fortuna, you capricious sprite!". I know it is asking much of the goddess but if somehow we could make the occasional stop on D and perhaps make a FG or two and escape the hostile environs of Allegacy Federal Credit Union stadium (one might wonder how many immortal gridiron squadrons have met their own personal Waterloo in that viper pit of a stadium?) with a "W" what more could one ask for on a glorious fall weekend? Besides access to an unaudited hot dog stand for a poorly run street food vendor of course.
Furman Bisher is that you?

IM79

Jolly Good Fellow
I have a question for y'all. The hulu guide has "atlanta 69" as a channel. Does anyone know if it will air on there or am I screwed? Kinda confusing for this ole brain with multiple affiliates etc.

If you're in Atlanta, you could get a set of rabbit ears.

Copied From CuseJacket's post:

THE FLATS –
Saturday’s Georgia Tech football game at Wake Forest (6:30 p.m.) will be televised across the nation on The CW. The CW is available in 98% of television households in the United States, including over-the-air coverage in all of the nation’s top 100 television markets. To find The CW in your area, enter your zip code at https://www.cwtv.com/thecw/stations/.

In the Atlanta market, The CW is now available on Peachtree TV (Ch. 17), The CW is currently available on all major cable, digital, satellite and streaming services in the Atlanta market except YouTube TV and Hulu.

For YouTube TV customers in the Atlanta market, while The CW is not yet available on YouTube TV in the Atlanta market, Saturday’s game will be streamed on YouTube TV. To access the broadcast, simply use the search function to search “Georgia Tech.”

For Hulu customers in the Atlanta market, the game will be available over-the-air on Peachtree TV (Ch. 17).

Games on The CW will not be carried on ACC Network Extra via the ESPN app or on The CW app.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
It is a real T.S. Eliot poem. It was an unpublished work found in his manuscripts back around 1989. He had several quantum physics related poems (in various stages of completion) that were first published in (of all places) Physics Today. The poem is untitled, and I don't know if it has made it's way into his formal body of work since 89.
Isn’t Old Possum a character from Cats?

slugboy

Staff member
If wake scores more than 30, Thacker needs to be demoted after the game and eventually fired at the end of the year.
Wake averages 33 points per game.

The median scoring defense gives up 23 points per game. The median scoring offense scores 30 points per game. We’re at that part of the season where teams are beating up on weaker teams. What that tells you is that, against a real team it’s normal to give up 30 points. Wake is a real team.

With some of the teams we play, we’ll need to win 52-48. With some others, we can win 28-24.

I think we need to score 40-ish to win most ACC games this year.

I could see a 35-29 win here. I could also see a 42-35 win. I don’t think there will be a lot of 23-21 games in the ACC this season. The defense would do well to hold Wake under 30 (even considering the ODU game)