GT @ Wake Kick Time: 6:30pm on the CW

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
i don’t think the plays are the issue. our guys are often in position to make a play we just miss tackles and don’t get anything going at the opposing qb
Agreed. Whether the fix is schematic depends on what problem we’re trying to solve. Poor tackling? Not gonna be fixed by scheme; there’s no such thing as a defensive scheme that doesn’t require its players to make tackles. Lack of pressure, on the other hand, can be helped by scheming better blitzes and stunts. I missed the last game, but if we’re struggling to generate pressure and are getting pushed around at the line of scrimmage, my recommendation would be to start implementing bear fronts while finding ways to disguise coverages. Either that or start mixing in some 3-3-5 sets using linebackers as potential edge rushers in order to create unpredictability in the pass rush and coverage.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Agreed. Whether the fix is schematic depends on what problem we’re trying to solve. Poor tackling? Not gonna be fixed by scheme; there’s no such thing as a defensive scheme that doesn’t require its players to make tackles. Lack of pressure, on the other hand, can be helped by scheming better blitzes and stunts. I missed the last game, but if we’re struggling to generate pressure and are getting pushed around at the line of scrimmage, my recommendation would be to start implementing bear fronts while finding ways to disguise coverages. Either that or start mixing in some 3-3-5 sets using linebackers as potential edge rushers in order to create unpredictability in the pass rush and coverage.

Since I'm in an uncharacteristically charitable mood, maybe the problem is the guys we are trying to tackle are really good at evading tackles.

Maybe that's why they are starting in those positions?

OK, after thinking about it, I'm back to fire all the coaches and bench all the starters.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Since I'm in an uncharacteristically charitable mood, maybe the problem is the guys we are trying to tackle are really good at evading tackles.

Maybe that's why they are starting in those positions?

OK, after thinking about it, I'm back to fire all the coaches and bench all the starters.
I just consulted my internet message board flow chart. Since you are inferring that their guys are better at doing their jobs than our guys are at doing theirs, then we have a recruiting issue and therefore must fire the coaches and get in some who can recruit. Then we must expand our majors and drop calculus. My flow chart is version 7.d and I am confident that it is the most current model.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
I just consulted my internet message board flow chart. Since you are inferring that their guys are better at doing their jobs than our guys are at doing theirs, then we have a recruiting issue and therefore must fire the coaches and get in some who can recruit. Then we must expand our majors and drop calculus. My flow chart is version 7.d and I am confident that it is the most current model.
I believe you’re right, but I caution that there is an NIL amendment to 7.d that stipulates a “recruiter” is futile if we can’t pay to retain talent. Just want to make sure nothing is overlooked.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
I got HULU + live TV for the month anticipating this game, you can check the HULU site to see if they carry the CW in your area. An HD Antennae will work for some as well if you have a CW station broadcasting in your area.

WreckTalk

Georgia Tech Fan
I got HULU + live TV for the month anticipating this game, you can check the HULU site to see if they carry the CW in your area. An HD Antennae will work for some as well if you have a CW station broadcasting in your area.
Its not on Hulu but youtube TV does carry the CW so I canceled Hulu live and got youtube TV

JacketFan137

Banned
might put on my pirate halloween costume a little early and hit the high seas to watch this game if they’re gonna have it on such a weird channel

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
I’m much more on board with free beer!
Poetry, not so much, rhyming and drinking however, I do ok.

season 2 GIF by Twin Peaks on Showtime

TheJuiceIsLoose404

Jolly Good Fellow
Its not on Hulu but youtube TV does carry the CW so I canceled Hulu live and got youtube TV
The game is on Peachtree TV in the Atlanta metro area, so you might have CW but that channel will not show our game. The game is available to 98% of people in America per GT press release, however the only Americans I know of that are unable to get the game are people in the Atlanta metro that are subscribed to Hulu Live TV or YouTubeTV.

GT did put out a press release assuring fans that the game will definitely be available on YouTubeTV by Saturday. But, I have YouTubeTV and as of right now when I search Georgia Tech and look at the WF game it says unavailable. Maybe it gets sorted out in time for the game but just in case, I bought an HDTV Antenna which should pick up the game over the air if you live in the Atlanta metro.

AugustaSwarm

Jolly Good Fellow
Anyone know if there’s a way to watch the Wake game since Comcast in Michigan isn’t showing it on our local CW? Does CW app carry live games or ESPN plus show it?
If you have Amazon Prime, you can download the CW app and stream it that way. I know the ramblewreck.com page says it won't be streamed on the app, but the app says it will stream all live sports events? I dunno, but it's free and worth a try.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Since I have YTTV, I guess I will see tomorrow if I get to watch the game live or will have to watch a replay.

Rocket City Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
I just downloaded the CW app on my Apple TV and did a search for Georgia Tech and it showed an ad for the game. Didn't see anyway to sign up as the app just seems to stream CW content with commercials. Maybe it will work. I'm in North Alabama.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
I just downloaded the CW app on my Apple TV and did a search for Georgia Tech and it showed an ad for the game. Didn't see anyway to sign up as the app just seems to stream CW content with commercials. Maybe it will work. I'm in North Alabama.

I think the problem is that doesn't have live stream ability. I could be wrong though.