GT vs WF 2/6 7:00 PM

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
I saw the score at 4:43 left in the first half. Searched the stats....1-23 from the floor....inexcusable for a D1 team much less an ACC team.

I watched one of our first games on TV. My takeaway was "this team can't shoot." Basketball is an offensive game, and teams that can't score the ball don't win. I haven't watched more than a few minutes of any of our games since, because I knew this would be a rough year. I do review the official stats from most of them.

Wake me up (pun intended) when we get some shooters.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Seems our freshmen and first year players have bought into the Stoudamire system but our old guard still have not gotten the hang of playing NBA level ball.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Can't decide if I'm ashamed or proud. This was like taking bleach to the eyes and not blinking.

Am I.. human?
Kevin James Hero GIF by TV Land

My Hero Football GIF by Manchester United

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
Can't decide if I'm ashamed or proud. This was like taking bleach to the eyes and not blinking.

Am I.. human?
That was the first time, I think, that I have ever turned off a Georgia Tech basketball game. My wife asked me what I was doing when I came upstairs where she was because she knew I couldn't wait to watch the game. I couldn't even explain my answer to her because all I could do was laugh.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
To spin this in a positive light I went and looked at some of the best coaches in the country and their first years. Most recent coaches starting in the 2018-2020 time period are getting it together in year 2 or 3 most likely due to the portal.

Kelvin Sampson - 2014 Houston 13-19
Bruce Pearl - (3 bad years to start please no) 2014 Auburn 15-20
Nate Oats - 2019 Bama 16-15
Matt Painter - 2005 Purdue 9-19
Dan Hurley - 2018 UConn 16-17
Scott Drew - (3 bad years to start) 2003 Baylor 8-21
Tony Bennett - 2009 UVA 15-16

We should know how we are trending by year 3.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Maybe one silver lining here (because I desperately want to like this team and sick of new coaches) CDS made Nait face the music last night after the game with the press. Could have easily put Sturdy out there. He's got his guy at that position. I think every other slot is up for grabs for whoever wants a shot. I expect late March/April will be an active month for us - and not because we're going to win the ACC tournament and make a long run in the NCAAT, or we could who the F knows?

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
This will go down as one of weirdest GT teams I can remember. Both our wins and losses are equally :oops:.

Last night's game was one of the worst performances I've seen from a GT basketball team, two games after we just beat the #3 team in the country. Make it make sense...🤷‍♂️
Wish I could, but I can't in my own mind, so I'm not sure how I could do so for anyone else. 😄

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
you may not want to read this

He just didn't realize there was a big truck around the corner that he stepped in front of!

*Georgia Tech coach Damon Stoudamire on Monday said he felt his team was, “really close,” to turning a corner and setting the 2023-24 season on the right course."

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I recorded this game to watch later. Saw the score and decided that even for research purposes there would be nothing profitable in watching this garbage pile.
Well, you could learn how to miss a lot of shots... Just saying you might get something out of it, not saying that what you get out of it would be any good though.

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
".. sshh t... Got our a*s whooped."

Lets look back to CDS' initial interview,
ADJB - ..."so tell us, the system you are installing, can our guys play in it?"
CDS - "probably not without some real growing pains"
ADJB - "could be a tough transition"

CDS after last game - see above.......

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
Lets look back to CDS' initial interview,
ADJB - ..."so tell us, the system you are installing, can our guys play in it?"
CDS - "probably not without some real growing pains"
ADJB - "could be a tough transition"

CDS after last game - see above.......
Was he told not to expect one ACC win :)