GT vs WF 2/6 7:00 PM

OG-T

Jolly Good Fellow
CDS is coaching his scheme. Prob is, his scheme is open floor and spacing - NBA STYLE - and we don’t have NBA talent, so when we hit skids, we have no plays or action to help us through it. Disappointed that he isn’t Coaching better for this to try and squeeze some wins. Feels like he’s sticking to his guns of creating a “program” and “style” and if that means games like this with talent that can’t beat their guy, so be it. He’s not budging on his style. May pay off next season and beyond, but CDS’ lack of flexibility to coach in ways to overcome this smells of a stubborn coach that’s willing to go down with the ship to force his style that’s simply not a good fit with this roster. Hope he gets all his guys with this next class/recruits. Still rooting for him and team, and wild ACCT run, but I think I know how this season is gonna end.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
Yeah, I think the fact that our two freshmen were the only 2 players to show up and score double digits, and were almost the only 2 players to score more than a single basket (Gapare and Abram each scored 2 baskets) tells you a lot about this roster.

daddee724

Georgia Tech Fan
CDS is coaching his scheme. Prob is, his scheme is open floor and spacing - NBA STYLE - and we don’t have NBA talent, so when we hit skids, we have no plays or action to help us through it. Disappointed that he isn’t Coaching better for this to try and squeeze some wins. Feels like he’s sticking to his guns of creating a “program” and “style” and if that means games like this with talent that can’t beat their guy, so be it. He’s not budging on his style. May pay off next season and beyond, but CDS’ lack of flexibility to coach in ways to overcome this smells of a stubborn coach that’s willing to go down with the ship to force his style that’s simply not a good fit with this roster. Hope he gets all his guys with this next class/recruits. Still rooting for him and team, and wild ACCT run, but I think I know how this season is gonna end.
Keep in mind there isn't defensive three seconds in college, so he might want to lose the stubbornness

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
I got there late and the score was 3-13 and instantly felt that we were in for a long night. My take is we have improved the athletic talent on the team but coach has not been able to mold them into ACC caliber players yet. Time will tell.

iopjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I can't believe I ate the whole thing ... I mean watched the whole game. That was torture.

Perhaps this helps unlock Abram. Surely he can help us, especially on these random nights Kelly doesn't have it.

You are better than me. The first half was all I could watch. Wake took us to the wood shed.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
I'm thankful I was out of wifi range for all but a pretty brief period and couldn't watch this debacle. Oh my, Stoudamire has a mess on his hands.

SandySpringsJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I have watched basketball for a long time and have never seen a drought like that. it seems like CDS could have done something to break it up like call time out, put in five new players, scream at them to wake up, go into a full court press, or something. I hate to say it but it reminded me of being a at football games in the era of the coach we cannot mention. Things just went off of the rails and stayed that way.

Also it is clear that this team plays great at home with a big crowd (UNC and Duke) even if a lot of the crowd is rooting for the other team, but it does not play well with our typical small crowd when there is not much energy in the building.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
I have watched basketball for a long time and have never seen a drought like that. it seems like CDS could have done something to break it up like call time out, put in five new players, scream at them to wake up, go into a full court press, or something. I hate to say it but it reminded me of being a at football games in the era of the coach we cannot mention. Things just went off of the rails and stayed that way.

Also it is clear that this team plays great at home with a big crowd (UNC and Duke) even if a lot of the crowd is rooting for the other team, but it does not play well with our typical small crowd when there is not much energy in the building.

Unfortunately agree that that put off some Collins football vibes.

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
Look... this loss will either help or hurt the team. How it helps us is if we use it as a lesson and beat either ND, Louisville, or both.

How it hurts us is if we play like that (god forbid) the rest of the season.

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Well, I won't be starting a game thread ever again.

However....even bad juju from an incorrect game thread title can't be blamed for this loss. That was an ugly display of shooting, an ugly display of effort and energy on defense, and an overall ugly game. If I was there in person, I would demand a refund.

I hope this does to the team whatever the Cincy game did.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
It was almost like Wake Forest had six or seven defenders on the court when we had the ball. We just couldn't get open shots, then the few times that we did we still couldn't put the ball through the net.
Could it be our offense is too predictable. Doesn't take good coaches very long to figure out who to stop and where weaknesses are on defense. WF hit a homerun with their coach hire.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
This will go down as one of weirdest GT teams I can remember. Both our wins and losses are equally :oops:.

Last night's game was one of the worst performances I've seen from a GT basketball team, two games after we just beat the #3 team in the country. Make it make sense...🤷‍♂️

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
New coaches don't worry too much In year one of their contract. Year 3 becomes under the microscope. That's when they have to show results. He did pretty well recruiting from the start and some help coming next year but at some point it has to blend into a team. He will get a pass this year regardless.

MtnWasp

Ramblin' Wreck
I have been trying to think of another game where we got blitzed like that. I think in Pastner's second or third season, Duke blitzed us with threes in the first half and they were up way over thirty by the end of the first half. They might have won by 50. I think that was a team with Zion Williamson. But that was on the road.

To play like that at home, though. I can't think of another game that compares.

Hard to argue that the team was well prepared to play.

Stoudamire, I don't know if he is a good coach but I do know that he is a competitive guy and he won't like being embarrassed like that. I expect substantial player turnover this off season.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
This will go down as one of weirdest GT teams I can remember. Both our wins and losses are equally :oops:.

Last night's game was one of the worst performances I've seen from a GT basketball team, two games after we just beat the #3 team in the country. Make it make sense...🤷‍♂️
Ranks up there with last years loss to Duke 86-43 at GT. Not that bad but in the neighborhood.