GT vs. USC in Phoenix

daddee724

Georgia Tech Fan
5 assists the whole game. Everything from the previous games continues to hold true.
Until we start moving ball forcing guys to make extra passes, finding guys when they are open especially guys that have proven that can shoot it. 1-1 basketball.... still no kick outs when defenders collapse on downhill drives. I watched how USC made 3's they were wide open from extra passes.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
I have only one question--
How are we going to score next yr when Mike and Ush are gone? Mike just scored 25 and we lost by 14.Few assts and bad shooting is not going to beat almost anyone.Even THIS yr.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I have only one question--
How are we going to score next yr when Mike and Ush are gone? Mike just scored 25 and we lost by 14.Few assts and bad shooting is not going to beat almost anyone.Even THIS yr.
Coleman, Kelly, Sturdivant, and Smith will all improve throughout the year and be better next year. Pastner and staff have repeatedly proven that they will develop players.

Tundeballer

Jolly Good Fellow
Last 3 games sucked but we shouldn’t be that outmatched from a talent standpoint against most ACC teams. It’s also clear the older guys don’t think highly off Coleman and Kelly. They routinely don’t pass them the ball when open. Hopefully there is more trust as the season goes on, and we are bound to get some really good Usher games.

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck
couldn't make the game. box score shows howard with 20 min. and 1 point, few rebounds. That's not great.

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
When our big catches the ball 15 feet from the basket and the guy guarding him drops 7 feet off of him we should be absolutely torching teams. We NEED to be able to score from that spot basically every time. Score with a jump shot. Score with a power drive. Score with a floater/hook. Attack and score every time.

This needs to be fixed.

/

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I knew it was going to be difficult to replace Moses and Jose, but I believed too many of the pre-season posts on here.

We don't look good. At all. No Dance. Disappointment.

Let's hope Pastner can pull something together in the transfer portal for next year....

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
When our big catches the ball 15 feet from the basket and the guy guarding him drops 7 feet off of him we should be absolutely torching teams. We NEED to be able to score from that spot basically every time. Score with a jump shot. Score with a power drive. Score with a floater/hook. Attack and score every time.

This needs to be fixed.

/

Being unwilling to shoot there hurts worse than missing. Being willing atleast ensures we're playing 5-on-5. As it is, we're playing 4-on-5.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Some interesting stats from the game:

-GT shot 33% from the floor. 26% from 3. Missed a lot of bunnies. We also take a lot of long 2s. I know we kept expecting fouls to be called, but eventually, you have to just assume the foul won't be called.
-Speaking of fouls, 16 fouls for GT and 7 for USC. PAC12 refs?
-Only 7 TOs, that's an improvement.
-Rebounds were (-8) and that really hurt us when we are in the zone.
-After Devoe and Usher....next leading scorer was Sturdivant with 5.
-Only 5 assists. Not going to cut it.
Add, per Randy and Andy, that we only scored on back to back possession 3 times!!! That's is another stat that just is mind blowing.

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
UGa is 4-6 now after getting crushed by George Mason. Miami of Ohio is a mediocre MAC team at 5-5. UNC almost lost by 30 to Kentucky. Personally, I will be thrilled if we can win 6 conference games.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member

This needs to be fixed.

/
... Just for emphasis ^^^

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
... Just for emphasis ^^^
Yeah this really hurts. We were really spoiled with Lammers/Banks/Moses in this offense. Running the Princeton with this personnel has big time square peg round hole vibes to be honest. I'd rather bomb 3s with Jordan, Mike, Deebo, and Bubba as was referenced earlier in the thread than run the Princeton with no high post threat.

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
Yeah this really hurts. We were really spoiled with Lammers/Banks/Moses in this offense. Running the Princeton with this personnel has big time square peg round hole vibes to be honest. I'd rather bomb 3s with Jordan, Mike, Deebo, and Bubba as was referenced earlier in the thread than run the Princeton with no high post threat.
Yep, it’s just not working. Unfortunately sounds like Pastner has no intention of changing things up.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Yep, it’s just not working. Unfortunately sounds like Pastner has no intention of changing things up.
I think he's banking on Rodney and Saba figuring things out. Rev has done it before but man does he need to work that magic extremely, extremely soon. I think we can demoralize some opponents into wins in ACC but I don't see the Tournament this year. The guys still play hard and win every 50/50 ball.