GT vs. USC in Phoenix

YellowJacket21

Georgia Tech Fan
Does anyone know an Atlanta area bar that will have the game on?
I’ve called a couple spots and no one seems to have the PAC-12Network
Thank you

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Does anyone know an Atlanta area bar that will have the game on?
I’ve called a couple spots and no one seems to have the PAC-12Network
Thank you

Sling Sports Extra carries all the PAC-12 networks, plus of course ACCN/ ACCNX. I'll be recording game and start watching about an hour after start to miss the breaks. As I just posted elsewhere, $35/month for Sling Orange and $11/month for Sports Extra. Can pause it for the summer (post baseball / pre football) months and basically get almost all GT sports.

GT up 3-1. Time to stop game.

Last edited:

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
The Princeton offense is just hard to watch this year. I feel like we need Mike to knock down 8 3s a game off screens to have any chance of scoring enough to win.
Better off just becoming a team that bombs away from 3. Maybe that will get Coleman and Kelly going, because honestly that’s more important than getting a few ACC wins for a team that’s not making the postseason. What we’re seeing this year is the equivalent of an option team with a Qb that doesn’t like to run.

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
We really aren't good at driving into the paint and flinging it near the hoop. This isn't fun to watch.

I expected the offense to look like a team that lost a 4 year starting point guard. I didn't expect the continued attempt to run a Princeton set with this personnel, which isn't well-suited for that approach. If you are going to have your center stand around have him stand around setting screens away from the ball.

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
GT started screening away from the ball a bit more in the second half. Let's keep it up. It gets the defense chasing the ball. It beats having a guy who isn't a threat to score or pass inside hold the ball at the elbow.

30coupe

Georgia Tech Fan
GT started screening away from the ball a bit more in the second half. Let's keep it up. It gets the defense chasing the ball. It beats having a guy who isn't a threat to score or pass inside hold the ball at the elbow.
I'm not surprised at the poor shooting playing a game against USC at the end of finals week.

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Another loss. This one by 14. We got it back to 6 twice in the second half, but we couldn't get any closer. I know USC is good, but this team needs to get better quick. Pastner is still confident but I don't see it coming together yet. Good game for Devoe, and flashes from others, but its just not enough to beat a good team like USC. Still a ways to go.

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
Another loss. This one by 14. We got it back to 6 twice in the second half, but we couldn't get any closer. I know USC is good, but this team needs to get better quick. Pastner is still confident but I don't see it coming together yet. Good game for Devoe, and flashes from others, but its just not enough to beat a good team like USC. Still a ways to go.
USC had all five starters in double figures. Sadly it seems two of our five starters every game (mix of a few) are complete non-factors.

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Some interesting stats from the game:

-GT shot 33% from the floor. 26% from 3. Missed a lot of bunnies. We also take a lot of long 2s. I know we kept expecting fouls to be called, but eventually, you have to just assume the foul won't be called.
-Speaking of fouls, 16 fouls for GT and 7 for USC. PAC12 refs?
-Only 7 TOs, that's an improvement.
-Rebounds were (-8) and that really hurt us when we are in the zone.
-After Devoe and Usher....next leading scorer was Sturdivant with 5.
-Only 5 assists. Not going to cut it.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Felt like just a game where the other team was flat better. They seemed just more consistent and didn't really overwhelm us to put us a way but extended the lead and then was able to keep us at arms length by making timely plays and not allowing any big runs.

Anyways, in retrospect this OOC was not what we needed it to be (from a scheduling standpoint). We needed more "warm up" games to get guys broken into their new roles and having those flu games didn't help in that regard either. Now UNC and Wisconsin were conference/challenge games but we really would have been better off playing two more mid major types rather than LSU and USC. Oh well, maybe that experience will pay off down the line once we get into conference play.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
1639868126951.png