GT vs. USC in Phoenix

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Also I didn’t realize they were #10 in the country. They’ve played no one that’s good. While we’re struggling, we’ve at least played 3 really good teams amd had double digit leads in both until mid second half meltdowns. Hopefully we can pull this out and get a top 10 quad 1 win on our resume!
I think their size gives us problems, especially with Mobley but I don’t see them being any better than LSU or UNC.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Strange that they’re #10. I know nothing about them, but ESPN seems to think we should get dominated. Given how we’ve played at times I think it’s possible, but we also could have easily won’t the Wisconsin game. Wouldn’t surprise me if we played better on Saturday. A win over a top 10 team would make a 1-3 stretch a lot more palatable. Can’t really take much away from 0-4.

OG-T

Jolly Good Fellow
Interesting about USC - I think they are talented, but they have not played any ranked teams. Soft schedule to this point? Maybe we catch them a step slow, and our tougher recent schedule pays off?
My story, sticking to it.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
USC overcame an eight point halftime deficit last night to defeat UC Irvine at home by five points, 66-61. They are now 11-0.
The schedule so far has been really bad. I watched them early at FGCU. They got behind early and pulled away in depth, size and talent alone. That’s about the only thing that jumped out to me about them. Hopefully the last 3/4 games we’ve played pay off for us. I think the looks we will throw at them defensively will cause them problems. We just have to knock down some shots from 3 and need someone to drop 15-20 pts to help Mike out.

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
We just have to knock down some shots from 3 and need someone to drop 15-20 pts to help Mike out.
It's not a clear statistic, but looking over the first nine games, scoring balance is a factor. 3 of the 4 losses had 3 double digit scorers or less (Howard had 10 in the M-OH game to make the 3rd scorer in the loss); while 4 of the 5 wins had 3+ double digit scorers (the Ush/Devoe show dog-handled the dwags). Devoe is clearly our leader, but we need that balance behind him to compete and win.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Seeing USC -8 for tomorrow
Thought it might be higher but guess Vegas is reflecting USC’s lack of SOS