GT vs Pitt depth chart

RocketJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Interesting movement on the depth chart.

Will Bryan is the co-starter at RT with Joe

MM is co-starting with Skov

Brant Mitchell is co-starting with Alford at the 3rd LB spot, also backing up Marcordes

MLD and Clinton Lynch starting at AB.

AJ Gray now the back up for nickel and FS

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
With Lands Davis size at 220 lbs does he move back to BBack next season?

I, for one, hope not. MM will obviously stay at BB, along with QW and hopefully a returning Leggett. MLD has shown running and blocking ability, as well as pass-catching skills. I like his versatility at AB, and can see a pretty dynamic backfield next year with MM, MLD, and QS/TM/CL

alagold

Helluva Engineer
It was only a matter of time before Gray got in somewhere the way we are playing.
Ike Willis may be 2nd unit but he is the best blocker imo.
So Summers is back. wow,that may make a difference.
Surprised that Curry is being edged out.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
MM needed to play more starting the duke game. It was evident we were lost at BB anyway...might as well give a guy with RB vision the ball. Glad to see the move, but too late in my eyes :)

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
Looks like Gray is here to stay.
Skov or Marshall would have happened earlier but for blocking. How is Allen injury wise?
How is Joe injury wise?
Will Bryan's dad gets a gold star, he pretty much said Will would not be denied.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
It was only a matter of time before Gray got in somewhere the way we are playing.
Ike Willis may be 2nd unit but he is the best blocker imo.
So Summers is back. wow,that may make a difference.
Surprised that Curry is being edged out.
Quick clarification - Summers came back last week and caught a pass (smoke route).

Gray was listed as backup at both spots last week. Saw a lot of time at safety after Demond went out early.

Cam

Helluva Engineer
One of the least noticed things: Brad Stewart as backup returner. Looks like we've got a good replacement for Golden the next few years.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
As bad as this season has been with injuries, all the youth we had to play so far should go a long way next year. At the start of the season I was concerned about all the seniors we are graduating especially on the defensive side but I think it might actually be beneficial next season.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I think Lands-Davis will go back to BB, despite us being loaded there. As I keep saying, we need people with Marshall's speed and size out on the edge where they can do some damage. A BB line-up with Leggett, Quaide, Lands-Davis, and Mills should give us what we need there, though who it will be is anybody's guess. We could very much use a 210 lb. AB who cuts a 4.45 40 next year; Snoddy will have graduated and we need some heft. With Marshall (210), Benson (195), and Cotrell (195) out there we would have a virtually unequaled combination of speed and size.

And, yes, we won't have anywhere near the problem with inexperience next year we have now. Inexperience is the one thing in football that fixes itself.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
A few thoughts:

• With Skov lining up off-sides for the second play of the second quarter, I am surprised he is even co-starting. We lose this game and we should play younger players. (Sorry @Boomergump , I'd rather lose the battle this year and win the war next year.)
  • Casey Wilson (rFr) was back up snapper last for ND game. Since then he has disappeared and Sean has had problems snapping. Is Casey still on the team? Obviously Sean must be doing a lot better if Casey is on the team, which is not comforting as Sean is a rSr.
  • Of the Fr shown, who have we not burned their RS? Howell (WR) is the only one I'm not sure of, all others have played. Don't burn any more RS if we lose to Pitt. (Note that Quaide is no longer on depth chart so maybe I'm thinking like the coaches?!)
  • TaQuon back on the depth chart is a good sign, wasn't there for Clemson!
  • MLD now starting rather than Isiah. I expect Isiah will be in a lot and thought he played well......
  • Nothing surprising about Stewart as back up returner. He became backup in UNC game after the two backups, Snoddy and Qua were hurt. Good for the future with Qua back next year too!
  • And the best addition was Summers. Can block, block , block and catch.

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
I think Lands-Davis will go back to BB, despite us being loaded there. As I keep saying, we need people with Marshall's speed and size out on the edge where they can do some damage. A BB line-up with Leggett, Quaide, Lands-Davis, and Mills should give us what we need there, though who it will be is anybody's guess. We could very much use a 210 lb. AB who cuts a 4.45 40 next year; Snoddy will have graduated and we need some heft. With Marshall (210), Benson (195), and Cotrell (195) out there we would have a virtually unequaled combination of speed and size.

And, yes, we won't have anywhere near the problem with inexperience next year we have now. Inexperience is the one thing in football that fixes itself.

You are all about moving MM to aback, I just don't get it. He is the most explosive guy we have had at that position in a long time. Having a home run threat at that spot makes our offense so much more dangerous.

Why would you move MLD back? He seems like a great fit for aback. He has the size you are saying you want out there and has shown himself to be a more than competent receiver. We have no clue how MM would look in the passing game, but do know he has looked good at bback.

Leggett may get moved out there, plus JJ green will be an upgrade as well. I just don't see any reason to move MM to aback, but that's just my opinion. I think bback will be MM, Q, and Mills.