GT vs Louisville (2/25/23) - SENIOR DAY GAME THREAD

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Any idea of who is being honored tomorrow? Obviously Franklin but I think most of our team (bench guys aside) have the option of coming back.

I’m still sad Mike Devoe didn’t hit that last second free throw against BC in OT last year. I think Pastner wanted to call a TO and sub Devoe/Ush/Moore out for a curtain call. Nobody from the core 4 basically ever got a true standing ovation. The lack of applause/care for Moses and Ush’s appearances at McCamish recently were sad. Maybe Jose would get a more thunderous appreciation but I don’t think he’s been able to attend a game since leaving.

TheDanielHordShow

Helluva Engineer
Any idea of who is being honored tomorrow? Obviously Franklin but I think most of our team (bench guys aside) have the option of coming back.

I’m still sad Mike Devoe didn’t hit that last second free throw against BC in OT last year. I think Pastner wanted to call a TO and sub Devoe/Ush/Moore out for a curtain call. Nobody from the core 4 basically ever got a true standing ovation. The lack of applause/care for Moses and Ush’s appearances at McCamish recently were sad. Maybe Jose would get a more thunderous appreciation but I don’t think he’s been able to attend a game since leaving.
here's some snippets from the game story on ramblinwreck.com that answer that:
"Georgia Tech will honor two senior players – guard Coleman Boyd and center Ja’von Franklin – and four senior managers on their final home game at McCamish Pavilion Saturday.
Seniors Rodney Howard, Kyle Sturdivant and Lance Terry each have another year of eligibility under the NCAA’s COVID-19 guidelines."

TheDanielHordShow

Helluva Engineer
What a win! Great game to be at. I got to see coach Cremins and get a pic with him! Crowd was good. Louisville brought fans and had about 40% of the crowd and they’re by far the most noisy visiting fans I’ve ever seen at McCamish. Our fans did a good job too. It was a very passionate environment. Felt like a high school game but in a good way.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Always a good feeling to see Bobby C. in the house.

Even better that we didn't completely collapse after having an 18 point lead even though we had 1 for 12 or 13 FG stretch and letting UL claw back to get as close as 5 points.

Looking at only the final score one would never know that we maintained the mental toughness to get the W.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Some iron men minutes.

Also, kudos to Kyle going 5/5 at the FT line.

Screenshot_20230225-181722.png

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Great game! I brought the fam and we had a great time! I hope next year is better, our offense is SO hard to watch sometimes

UL fans were coming in by the busload! Great support from them for a pretty bad team

57jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Anybody else notice the small amount of time that the Princeton offense was used? Took Pastner all season to realize it doesn't work. Also post game, he kept mentioning how difficult Tech is academically. I'm sure that is well received by any recruits watching. NOT