GT vs Louisville (2/25/23) - SENIOR DAY GAME THREAD

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Anybody else notice the small amount of time that the Princeton offense was used? Took Pastner all season to realize it doesn't work. Also post game, he kept mentioning how difficult Tech is academically. I'm sure that is well received by any recruits watching. NOT
Seems if a guy like Franklin who went to CC, then Auburn and then South Florida before GT the academics aren’t impossible, are they hard, sure but not to the level that they cause us to be bottom feeders in the ACC.

SuperToe

Georgia Tech Fan
Smith was not dressed out, but the boot was gone. That made me optimistic we’d see him back on the court soon. I think he’d need to be near 100% healthy to be effective, since his speed is such a big part of his game.

I’m less optimistic we’ll see Howard or Maxwell on the court unless we have serious foul trouble.

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
Seems if a guy like Franklin who went to CC, then Auburn and then South Florida before GT the academics aren’t impossible, are they hard, sure but not to the level that they cause us to be bottom feeders in the ACC.
Franklin went to South Alabama, not South Florida. Don't link the poor guy to Brian Gregory.

I am not sure what that has to do with Tech's academics. Someone can be a academic achiever at an easier school. Former President Petersen went to Kansas State.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Franklin went to South Alabama, not South Florida. Don't link the poor guy to Brian Gregory.

I am not sure what that has to do with Tech's academics. Someone can be a academic achiever at an easier school. Former President Petersen went to Kansas State.
Most guys who go to CC do so for academic reasons not lack of BB talent. Not all for sure. Auburn is not a high end academic school for many athletes.

South somewhere, directional school. How is South Bama’s academic reputation?

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
It doesn't matter.
The point is academics aren’t hard at Tech but not a reason we can’t get quality players. That is simply an excuse from a coaching staff. Again we aren’t talking about 5 star one and done types, rather high quality players who might stay 3 or 4 years. If they develop like Okogie did then only 2 years.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The point is academics aren’t hard at Tech but not a reason we can’t get quality players. That is simply an excuse from a coaching staff. Again we aren’t talking about 5 star one and done types, rather high quality players who might stay 3 or 4 years. If they develop like Okogie did then only 2 years.
I think that they should put you on staff and let you get after it! It would likely be a pay-cut for you though.

That aside, we would be filled with high quality players in no time....until they ask you about the bag...lol

GT11

GT Athlete
Folks- the key is the bag of dollars. Word is the best kid from Wheeler got over a million to go to U.S.C. and his teammate got over 500000 thou. And people wander why we can’t get the top recruits