GT vs. Georgia St.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
ESPN says ACCNX

Thanks, I checked last night and didn't see it on ACCNX listing of upcoming shows. But maybe it'll be there tomorrow. Thanks!

What this means is that you cannot stream the game on ESPN if the RSN is available in your area. It's a shame, but them's the rules.

True for servers in the blacked out area. I use NordVPN and use a server on the West Coast and that usually works. Them's the way around the rules ;)

But if it's broadcast TV only, then I'm at the mercy of the local RSN TV station to show what they want of the options in that time slot. So they'll probably show something else ........

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
Most of the major MVNOs have told Sinclair to pound sand, which means the Fox Sports regional networks are off the air for most of us. I use the Fox Sports Go app and log in using a friend's directv login credentials. Then I stream from phone to TV using Chromecast.

Not optimal, but it's the only way I could watch Atlanta United this year and looks like a lot of our games will be on this same network feed.

GT_EE78

Banned
From ga St stats and roster , they look very small and appear to have played 4 guards last year.
1 of the guards graduated but they had a backup who avg 22 min and 41% from 3.
6'0 to 6'4 are the guards who shoot 34-41% deep.
two bigs return. 6'9 and 6'10 w 15 and 17 mpg, 3 and 6 ppg
last yr stats
this yr roster

looks tough for them to matchup
a 6'4 guy would probably have to cover Moses if we play Howard/Saba
Jordan/Kalid look to have a 3-5 inch advantage if we go small.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
I don't claim a ton of knowledge on GSU but I think Moses will be matched with Toppin who is 6'6". Same concept though. Will be interesting to see if GSU can run/shoot us into having to go small or Moses can force them into going big.

slugboy

Staff member
From ga St stats and roster , they look very small and appear to have played 4 guards last year.
1 of the guards graduated but they had a backup who avg 22 min and 41% from 3.
6'0 to 6'4 are the guards who shoot 34-41% deep.
two bigs return. 6'9 and 6'10 w 15 and 17 mpg, 3 and 6 ppg
last yr stats
this yr roster

looks tough for them to matchup
a 6'4 guy would probably have to cover Moses if we play Howard/Saba
Jordan/Kalid look to have a 3-5 inch advantage if we go small.
They have two players just over 40% from 3pt land, and several around 35%. That’s not amazing. I must remember a couple of other games, because these stats say we were good at 3pt defense last year
ETA: when I hear “guard heavy lineup” I’m wary of a bombs away outside shooting nightmare. Hopefully we don’t see anything like that.

Last edited:

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Thanks, I checked last night and didn't see it on ACCNX listing of upcoming shows. But maybe it'll be there tomorrow. Thanks!

True for servers in the blacked out area. I use NordVPN and use a server on the West Coast and that usually works. Them's the way around the rules ;)

But if it's broadcast TV only, then I'm at the mercy of the local RSN TV station to show what they want of the options in that time slot. So they'll probably show something else ........
Can confirm ESPN shows me ACCNX too

glandon1960

Jolly Good Fellow
anyway to attend this game? I want to go
Nope- season ticket holders (I am one) we given choice of refund or apply what you paid to next years tickets. All that get in are students (up to 900), @100 from each team (players families, etc.), and few others for GT staff. No way to attend in person this year as of now.

slugboy

Staff member
It now shows up on my ACCNX too tonight so I'm all set :buzz: The Sling package is great!

Now to win the game :)

Isn't that a high o/u for the first game?
It is high for us compared to last year. We averaged 68.6 last year, and our opponents averaged 66.4, for a total of 135 points/game.

Jazzchaz

Jolly Good Fellow
Can somebody give suggestions of what I need to purchase to watch the game tonight? As my season tickets are canceled for 20-21, this is the first year I've missed all games since 1966. I'm out in Gwinnett and have no TV. There is Xfinity cable on my desktop that allowed me to see a few away games last year but I have no way to add on to this service.
Do I have to buy Fox Sports Go for RSN games and also buy Fubo, Sling, etc for ACC Network? It would be nice to just buy one service for three months.
From the constant whirr and reduced power after sundown of WGST and more recently, completely missing football games that were on ESPNUnavailable along with 680AM broadcasting the Braves and leaving me with no radio station either, it's always taken effort to follow our team. HA
Thanks!

bke1984

Helluva Engineer

So I guess the idea is that if the game is on Fox Sports South, which is available on AT&T in the southeast then that's the only way you can watch it. BUT if you're in California you can stream it through ACCNX? Interesting. Seems like you could just setup a cloud VM in some other region and login to ESPN from a browser to get around this

MiracleWhips

Ramblin' Wreck
So I guess the idea is that if the game is on Fox Sports South, which is available on AT&T in the southeast then that's the only way you can watch it. BUT if you're in California you can stream it through ACCNX? Interesting. Seems like you could just setup a cloud VM in some other region and login to ESPN from a browser to get around this
Definitely go with at&t. Maybe see if they can offer you a trial so you can watch today and Friday?

gameface

Jolly Good Fellow
I signed up for ATT TV Now for a 7 day trial/they have the fox rsn's. ESPN also shows the game as being on ACCNX, though I do not know if it will be blacked out in my area. The interface on ATT TV Now is terrible. It takes a long time to surf the ladder listing.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Can somebody give suggestions of what I need to purchase to watch the game tonight? As my season tickets are canceled for 20-21, this is the first year I've missed all games since 1966. I'm out in Gwinnett and have no TV. There is Xfinity cable on my desktop that allowed me to see a few away games last year but I have no way to add on to this service.
Do I have to buy Fox Sports Go for RSN games and also buy Fubo, Sling, etc for ACC Network? It would be nice to just buy one service for three months.
From the constant whirr and reduced power after sundown of WGST and more recently, completely missing football games that were on ESPNUnavailable along with 680AM broadcasting the Braves and leaving me with no radio station either, it's always taken effort to follow our team. HA
Thanks!

Sling Orange ($30/month) + Sports Extra ($10/month) as provider. It will get you all the baseball games too! Can try for free usually.

Only problem is games that aren't on ACCNX or ESPN group and on broadcast TV only. Then I use digital antenna for local. If not, listen.

Finally, NordVPN service ($90/3 years on sale) which lets you appear to be from a server in any section of the US or world you want to be. Can try for a month for free.
............ Seems like you could just setup a cloud VM in some other region and login to ESPN from a browser to get around this

Exactly what NordVPN does. But some sites block certain servers. So I don't know how long this will work. To send e-mail, I can't have NordVPN up but think that is a Cox thing. I had trouble sending e-mail from Peru through Cox.

One thing is sure, if companies are losing money from this, they will try and stop it. Just have to stay one step ahead.