GT vs. Alcorn State Chat

tugdog235

Georgia Tech Fan
I don't think the chat ever "closes". If there are people are chatting during the game then it's "open" I guess.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Gameday should be consistent with last year, meaning:
  • John will do photography most games
  • I am hopeful to attend most games in the media box and will Tweet game updates from @GT_Swarm
  • I'll be in Swarm Chat during the game and will post some pregame observations there when I'm in front of the computer
  • Postgame press conference notes will be posted LIVE to the chat room, assuming I have wifi or a Verizon signal
  • We'll post press conference audio, a game write-up, and photos to the site as soon as we can
  • Bonus - As the game winds down I may solicit questions from the chat room for the postgame presser, depending on how rational folks are being in the heat of the moment.
Keep in mind media is not allowed to cheer in the press box, meaning you all are my primary outlet. If I go apes***, I will keep in mind that those watching the game on TV are on a lag. There will be no spoiler good or bad. First world problems, I know. Just sayin'.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Anything else folks have in mind? If anyone develops an interest in trying their hand at writing formal articles in between games - can be stats analysis, play breakdowns, etc. - I'd be happy to proofread/edit/publish if it's professional and fits stylistically. Just start a convo with me and we can discuss. Ton of interesting material in threads last year that could easily extrapolate to our 'Featured' format.

TechnicalPossum

Ramblin' Wreck
Anything else folks have in mind? If anyone develops an interest in trying their hand at writing formal articles in between games - can be stats analysis, play breakdowns, etc. - I'd be happy to proofread/edit/publish if it's professional and fits stylistically. Just start a convo with me and we can discuss. Ton of interesting material in threads last year that could easily extrapolate to our 'Featured' format.
The only thing I think would be a fun recurring feature may be a bullet point summary of how each true freshman did.

Also, I second the post above by Nook Su Kow.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Archive it for a few days and let us scroll to the top???

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Archive it for a few days and let us scroll to the top???
Appreciate the suggestion, however this probably will not happen. Tried it last year. Too many things said that people don't actually mean due to the emotions of a game, along with other undesirable consequences. Cons outweigh the pros unfortunately and some board members suggested as much.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Appreciate the suggestion, however this probably will not happen. Tried it last year. Too many things said that people don't actually mean due to the emotions of a game, along with other undesirable consequences. Cons outweigh the pros unfortunately and some board members suggested as much.

Translation: People get mean during games that aren't going well.