GT Vollebees

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Congrats to the ladies. We missed hosting and they picked Florida over us to host. But of course, it's Florida. Bleh. That final Louisville match would've helped.
Getting swept by an unranked Miami team is what did us in. We played really poorly and took ourselves out of a guaranteed host position.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Watched Sets 2-4.

They have a couple of powerful hitters and one young lady was playing excellently. We should have won the 2nd set. I think we thought we'd sleep walk through them and they played hard. After the 2nd set, it wasn't really close.

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
The ladies looked like they were playing lackluster or something was just off in sets 1 and 2. It felt like the energy against Miami and the second Pitt match. Glad we finally found the groove in the third set and plowed through to end the match in fourth. I was worried that if we played like we did in the first 2 sets vs Florida, it'd be a very quick evening. Bertolino seems to be reserved with her serves... that Louisville match was magic but seems to be inconsistent with the serves since. Hope she can bring her A game to the Florida match.

Small Tech fan section - mostly parents and relatives of players, a few former players also showed up with their entourage to cheer the team circa 2010-ish era including Monique Mead and Jordan McCullers (I've seen her in the last 3 tourneys now):)

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The ladies looked like they were playing lackluster or something was just off in sets 1 and 2. It felt like the energy against Miami and the second Pitt match. Glad we finally found the groove in the third set and plowed through to end the match in fourth. I was worried that if we played like we did in the first 2 sets vs Florida, it'd be a very quick evening. Bertolino seems to be reserved with her serves... that Louisville match was magic but seems to be inconsistent with the serves since. Hope she can bring her A game to the Florida match.

Small Tech fan section - mostly parents and relatives of players, a few former players also showed up with their entourage to cheer the team circa 2010-ish era including Monique Mead and Jordan McCullers (I've seen her in the last 3 tourneys now):)

Welp 7PM tonight we'll see.

Getting a lot more out of Liv Mogridge would help. Hope she's ok.
1701452536877.png

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Jackets climb out to a 6-0 lead in Set 3! Timeout Gators! Tech faithful in Gainesville coming through loud and clear!

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
I would like to thank the GT Volleyball team for setting up the SECOND straight weekend I’ll have a house divided. This is awesome - and an awesome showing last night! :buzz:🌽

#GoJackets #BeattheHuskers

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

Was bummed when we were in control with a 4 point lead late in the first match only to get outscored 10-3 at the end to lose the match.

Then payback was hell, falling behind in second match. Then winning 30-28. Would love to see that on replay ..... if anyone has link. But that was the season right there; could have folded up real easy in a hostile environment but didn't. Kudos!!

The the last match got behind but took first lead at 14-13 after being down 4. Wow, real moxie, grit, or whatever. Very inspiring. Advancing to regionals; Collier needs to help Danny Hall in remembering how it's done.