GT Vollebees

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
Solid sweep today vs FSU. Was concerned about team mindset going into this one after very tough loss at Pitt Wednesday.

Latest projection I’ve seen has us as a #4 seed in the NCAA’s. A win vs Pitt probably would have moved us to a #3.
Very solid. Good way to finish the final match at O'Keefe... So I was reminded that RPI matters for tournament seeding which will determine whether we get more matches at O'Keefe. Although we are ranked 13th now, the RPI is 20... And the Pitt loss isn't going to move us up. So we may be right near or on the bubble? I'd love for us to get two more matches in O'Keefe!

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
Ladies are a 5 seed in the Texas quarter and will face Wright State in the first round
So 2 more matches at O'Keefe??😀

"Here is the schedule for the 2022 volleyball championship (subject to change):

The 2022 DI women's volleyball championship selection show will be at 7:30 p.m. ET on Sunday, Nov. 27 on ESPNU
First- and second-round games are Dec. 1-2 or 2-3.
Regional games are Dec. 8 and 10.
The national semifinals are Dec. 15.
The national championship match is Dec. 17 on ESPN2.
The tournament will consist of four regions of 16 teams each. Regional play will be hosted by the top 16 national seeds in the tournament. There are 32 automatic qualifiers and the rest are at-large bids."

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
So 2 more matches at O'Keefe??😀

"Here is the schedule for the 2022 volleyball championship (subject to change):

The 2022 DI women's volleyball championship selection show will be at 7:30 p.m. ET on Sunday, Nov. 27 on ESPNU
First- and second-round games are Dec. 1-2 or 2-3.
Regional games are Dec. 8 and 10.
The national semifinals are Dec. 15.
The national championship match is Dec. 17 on ESPN2.
The tournament will consist of four regions of 16 teams each. Regional play will be hosted by the top 16 national seeds in the tournament. There are 32 automatic qualifiers and the rest are at-large bids."

Or does this mean Marquette is hosting sub-regionals? I'm so confused...
ncaa2022.jpg

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
Poop. I really wanted to see this team again at O'keefe like last year.
Anyone going to Milwaukee or even to Austin?

The coaches poll and RPI are too off (13 and 20). Seems like the only thing that matters to the committee is RPI... tho, not surprisingly Penn State got a preferential treatment... Their RPI is 19 and they're still hosting.

If we beat Louisville, it would've boosted us. We had another chance with Pittsburgh... so close.
It's probably the late Miami loss that did us in for RPI as well.
Also we don't have that signature win like we did last year. And 0-6 vs Top 25 also seems to scream out to the committee.

http://ncaastats.figstats.net/volleyball-rpi.cgi

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
I was really surprised that Georgia made it. The didn't look very good when we swept them. Also, the committee treats the Big 10 like football treats the SEC. Lots of highly ranked teams that have several losses because they beat up on each other.

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
I'll probably drive up to see them depending on game times. Marquette is 74 miles (about 1 hour 10 minutes).

You should! I'm on the fence about going since it is quite far from ATL.
The tickets are already on sale ($10-$12) for Marquette.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Congrats to Bergman and Morrisette for making first team all ACC. Likewise to Moss, Damico and Bertolino for making second team. However Bergman got screwed for player of the year losing out to Chausse of Louisville. She's an excellent player but not close to as good as Julia. Put it this way, if you were drafting a team from the ACC who would be your first pick? Hell if you were drafting a team from the entire pool of NCAA players I think Julia might very well be the first pick.

Lone Star Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Congrats to Bergman and Morrisette for making first team all ACC. Likewise to Moss, Damico and Bertolino for making second team. However Bergman got screwed for player of the year losing out to Chausse of Louisville. She's an excellent player but not close to as good as Julia. Put it this way, if you were drafting a team from the ACC who would be your first pick? Hell if you were drafting a team from the entire pool of NCAA players I think Julia might very well be the first pick.
Wonder if any of the seniors will be coming back next year - do they still qualify for an extra year because of CoVid?

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
Wonder if any of the seniors will be coming back next year - do they still qualify for an extra year because of CoVid?

I think they're eligible for covid year. But ain't no way Julia's coming back. Team Brazil has waited long enough for her to graduate and the pro teams around the world are ready to pick her up.
I wonder if Collier would ever get considered to coach the Brazilian national team in the future... just sayin' ;)

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
I think they're eligible for covid year. But ain't no way Julia's coming back. Team Brazil has waited long enough for her to graduate and the pro teams around the world are ready to pick her up.
I wonder if Collier would ever get considered to coach the Brazilian national team in the future... just sayin' ;)
Julia confirmed in her interview tonight that she is definitely turning pro and won't return In addition she is planning on playing in the next olympics for Brazil so her national team will be giving that a lot of attention. Hopefully she will graduate at the end of the semester and get that degree before she moves on! I think Morrisette is out of eligibility. Not sure about Moss or Otene. But I think everyone else should be returning.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Julia confirmed in her interview tonight that she is definitely turning pro and won't return In addition she is planning on playing in the next olympics for Brazil so her national team will be giving that a lot of attention. Hopefully she will graduate at the end of the semester and get that degree before she moves on! I think Morrisette is out of eligibility. Not sure about Moss or Otene. But I think everyone else should be returning.
Pretty sure Otene is a jr.