GT Vollebees

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Next two fridays will either set us up for the tourney or show where we need to improve. I don't think Pitt's big hittlers will go silent like they did in the first match, so we need to take advantage of the opportunities when we get them. Against, Louisville, we need to make things happen.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Next two fridays will either set us up for the tourney or show where we need to improve. I don't think Pitt's big hittlers will go silent like they did in the first match, so we need to take advantage of the opportunities when we get them. Against, Louisville, we need to make things happen.
The marker for this season is coming up. Go jackets. Here is you chance to be ranked on the top 4.

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
The marker for this season is coming up. Go jackets. Here is you chance to be ranked on the top 4.

Beat Louisville, we may break top 10.
Beat Pitt again... maybe top 8, 7?
There's no way they'll rank us as top 4.
What do y'all think?

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm no volleyball expert, just a fan who likes to watch Tech volleyball so no need to take my comments seriously... as good as we have been, many plays I saw were scrappy ones that ended up as Point Tech... at other times, the kills from Julia and Mari from the front or the missiles from the back row devastate weaker competition but we've seen them being stuffed when going up against really good teams. And the way we've been winning a lot of matches as 3-1... that's similar to what happened in our losses right? 1-3 vs UCLA and though we lost 0-3 to Louisville, the second set was bonkers (34-36), and last set was close as well. I think against better teams, we have to "turn the corner" (to borrow from the head coach in our other sport *grin*)... I certainly hope we can do so against Louisville!!! Pitt will be in O'Keefe ready for revenge. Man... what a stretch we have ahead of us.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Beat Louisville, we may break top 10.
Beat Pitt again... maybe top 8, 7?
There's no way they'll rank us as top 4.
What do y'all think?
Beat both of Louisviolet and Pitts,, and not slip up vs. the Tigers w/ a lake and F$Who(only joking, they are still viable)-….yes, top 5 ranking.

Louisville is the last remaining undefeated team.

RPI #6:

Last edited:

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
21-3 record for GT #14, again. Louisville 23-0, #1. Pitts. #3. Miami 49 votes, FSUhew 10 votes, both outside the Top 25….
What kills me is teams like Penn State with 7 losses at #15 and Stanford with a 13-9 record at #16. Say what you want about having tough schedules but if you don't win then you shouldn't be ranked that high. And I'm not sure if the PAC 10 (or whatever number it is now) is even as good as the ACC is so they are getting votes just for name recognition only. The fact that the coaches always give the teams in their own league more credit than they deserve so if they end up losing to them it won't affect their own ranking makes the whole coaches poll a sham. I put more credit in the Selection Committee who had us ranked #9 last week before we beat both FSU and Miami. They have a lot more credibility in my opinion.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I pay more attention to the RPI, and so will the NCAA Selection Committee. Polls are mostly for show, and give you an idea of where to find the good teams. Look at 1990, as it took the Jackets all season to catch Colorado. We know which team had zero losses, but the Associated Press didn’t care. That’s something to be angry at, and has helped lead to a real playoff. Tech needs to finish this regular season strong, get seeded high enough to play at O’Keefe(or even McCamish, which I wish not), then show off that 9-0 road record and 3-1 neutral-to win it all.

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
What kills me is teams like Penn State with 7 losses at #15 and Stanford with a 13-9 record at #16. Say what you want about having tough schedules but if you don't win then you shouldn't be ranked that high. And I'm not sure if the PAC 10 (or whatever number it is now) is even as good as the ACC is so they are getting votes just for name recognition only. The fact that the coaches always give the teams in their own league more credit than they deserve so if they end up losing to them it won't affect their own ranking makes the whole coaches poll a sham. I put more credit in the Selection Committee who had us ranked #9 last week before we beat both FSU and Miami. They have a lot more credibility in my opinion.

Well we did benefit from not moving in the polls after our back to back losses to Louisville and ND...

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck

But yeah... rankings for some of these teams are ridiculous. Wish 7 losses? C'mon now... As bad as college football rankings are, I don't think it's THIS bad...

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
No, it is Kayla Hill. A setter. I believe she is still unsigned.

—————————————————————————-————————-
Cara Bianco:
Not doubting you, but I can’t find where she signed with GT.

Committed in several different places and her Twitter has a commitment to Tech.

Last edited:

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
No, it is Kayla Hill. A setter. I believe she is still unsigned.

—————————————————————————-————————-
Cara Bianco:
Not doubting you, but I can’t find where she signed with GT.

Committed in several different places and her Twitter has a commitment to Tech.

The Blessed Trinity Instagram page had the signing ceremony at the school.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
You were correct:
1636730661746.jpeg