GT Vollebees

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Did all the regular season games really already sell out? Damn. I’ll be in Oxford for football when the McCamish game is this year unfortunately.

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
Did all the regular season games really already sell out? Damn. I’ll be in Oxford for football when the McCamish game is this year unfortunately.
Geesh! Gone are the days we could just show up right before the matches and get tickets at the door. I guess that's a good thing for the program. I hope they'll move Louisville and Pitt to McCamish to accommodate.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
https://x.com/avidvolley/status/1690461388274012160?s=61

https://women.volleybox.net/heloise-soares-p60110/clubs

Larissa Mendes, OH (Fortaleza, Brazil/Colegio Antares):
Joining Soares in venturing to The Flats from Brazil, Mendes hails from Fortaleza, where she’s been a three-year captain for Colegio Antares. Through her six seasons there, Mendes led her squad to five state championships (2017-19, 2021-22) and six municipal championships (2017-22) while also being a member of the U21 South American Championship team. Individually, the lauded talent has racked up personal accolades, including three MVP honors in the state championship (2018, 2019, 2021) and the best opposite hitter award in the 2022 U19 South American Championship. In the classroom, Mendes has been an honor roll member of the advanced class for three consecutive years as she is still determining her future major at Georgia Tech. https://en.volleyballworld.com/voll...en-u19-world-championship-2023/players/183764

Victoria Demidova, OH (Moscow, Russia/Moscow International School):
Wrapping up the class, Demidova heads to Georgia Tech as a highly-touted recruit from Russia’s capital city. The daughter of a professional swimmer, Demidova brings a wealth of experience to The Flats as she led her squad to three Moscow championships (2016, 2018-19). On a national scale, the future Yellow Jacket has competed with Russia’s national junior team, winning the 2021 U18 Women’s World Championship as well as the 2020 U17 European Championship. Once arriving on campus, Demidova intends to major in public policy at Georgia Tech.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
I am really nervous about this year for the volleybees. We have lost so much talent the last couple of years and I am not sure who are going to be the "go to" hitters when we absolutely have to have a point. Anyone have insight on the prospective lineup?
I guess the talent hasn't totally disappeared from the team. Between the returning starters, the incoming freshmen and the transfers we would appear to have quite a bit of talent. Plus I really believe we have a coaching staff that improves that talent. It looks like we may have more depth than in the past. It will be interesting to see if we utilize that depth or continue to go with 6-7 player rotations.

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
I guess the talent hasn't totally disappeared from the team. Between the returning starters, the incoming freshmen and the transfers we would appear to have quite a bit of talent. Plus I really believe we have a coaching staff that improves that talent. It looks like we may have more depth than in the past. It will be interesting to see if we utilize that depth or continue to go with 6-7 player rotations.
I am impressed with the incoming class. There are multiple outside hitters that are in the 6'2" to 6'3" range with extensive international experience. We got some talent! Our success will depend on how quickly it gets melded together.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
GT wins 4 of the 5 sets, 25-18, 29-27., 25-13, 25-15, 14-16. Tamara Otenie leads us after 2 sets with 14 & 6. Free Admission, Full-House Crowd. Auburn is the opposition. Bianca Bertolino & Larissa Mendes played all 5 sets.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
Watched it on ESPN+. After a nervous start, they really put it together. And yes, several of the newcomers. including Mendes and Mogridge, looked very good.