GT Versus Auburn

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
We simply got beat. That doesn't bother me as much as giving up walks and hit batsmen and wild pitches. Just got beat. Tip your hat and move along. It does show that even a program like Auburn can recruit or develop a pitcher who is a clear #1 starter who can shut down a good hitting team like GT. Why can't Hall do this?

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
We simply got beat. That doesn't bother me as much as giving up walks and hit batsmen and wild pitches. Just got beat. Tip your hat and move along. It does show that even a program like Auburn can recruit or develop a pitcher who is a clear #1 starter who can shut down a good hitting team like GT. Why can't Hall do this?

Whoah, I didn't see that closing troll, err, question coming. Well done.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
We did get beat. But not as bad as being beheaded or hung or drawn and quartered. (Sorry, watching "The Tudors" - that was a tough time to live when you weren't the King.)

We have had great pitching for a few years in the past, but not the hitting. Now we have the hitting and the defense. Not many game go by this year that I don't think about Heddinger leaving for a pittance when he could have stayed and honed his game and made a lot more.

Here are the pitchers we have had drafted. http://www.thebaseballcube.com/draft/research.asp?Y1=&Y2=&R=&RS==&Ov=&Ovs==&T=&Player=&School=Georgia TEch&Pos=P&HL=&Region=&P=June-Reg&CT=&Bonus=0&Signed=&Active=&Source=&Bats=&Throws=&Sort=

A lot of good pitchers on there. It'll be interesting to see who emerges this year, we are going to need several. I like how Hall played a few pitchers tonight. Last year it took a while too.

But I hope we get things going in time to make the NCAAs. Just sweep Indiana State this weekend. (y)

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
[QUOTE="GTNavyNuke, post: 137267, member: 322")

But I hope we get things going in time to make the NCAAs. Just sweep Indiana State this weekend. (y)[/QUOTE]

Actually, I am counting on it. I really think these guys will bounce back.

Squints

Helluva Engineer
Figures the first game I actually get to watch a little bit just about everyone was atrocious. And I'm not sure where the "clear #1 pitcher" shot comes from. Because we've had more than a few.

SwarmArmy

Ramblin' Wreck
We did get beat. But not as bad as being beheaded or hung or drawn and quartered. (Sorry, watching "The Tudors" - that was a tough time to live when you weren't the King.)

We have had great pitching for a few years in the past, but not the hitting. Now we have the hitting and the defense. Not many game go by this year that I don't think about Heddinger leaving for a pittance when he could have stayed and honed his game and made a lot more.

Here are the pitchers we have had drafted. http://www.thebaseballcube.com/draft/research.asp?Y1=&Y2=&R=&RS==&Ov=&Ovs==&T=&Player=&School=Georgia TEch&Pos=P&HL=&Region=&P=June-Reg&CT=&Bonus=0&Signed=&Active=&Source=&Bats=&Throws=&Sort=

A lot of good pitchers on there. It'll be interesting to see who emerges this year, we are going to need several. I like how Hall played a few pitchers tonight. Last year it took a while too.

But I hope we get things going in time to make the NCAAs. Just sweep Indiana State this weekend. (y)

It's going to be tough.. They almost took 2 out of 3 over #1 Vandy.