Film Room GT v Pitt

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
A couple of things stand out:
- Best offensive game of the season. Blocking looks better. Seems like we are on the right path.
- a few JT mistakes in the first half (fumble ended one drive and the big loss of yards on the sack when in field goal range at the end of the half hurt).
- poor clock management at end of first half.
- Our failed drives in the second half all seemed to involve incomplete pass plays.
- They changed how they were attacking the inside A gaps at the end of the first half. We still need to work on that.
- we ran a failed mid-line in the fourth quarter?
- We clearly look more athletic out there (MM, etc)

Thanks for the videos.

/

motynes

Jolly Good Fellow
Well if you watch this and can't see that Pitt got just lucky then your blind. Our future looks incredibly bright. MM, WB, MLD, Lynch, Taquan, Brad Stewart and Ricky Juene look awesome. Shamire looked good. Pitt guessed right a few times and that will happened. But for the most part we had them the entire game. We would gash them with the BB and then they would load up and we would hit them with rocket or quick triple option and gash them on the outside and then they would flow outside and we'd gash them in the middle.

One thing hat was bothersome was they knew immediately that we were passing and would send the house. I don't know if it was already a called blitz or they would that good at reading it and sending everyone, but it was just strange. Maybe it was just the situation that seemed most likely for a pass and they called an all out blitz. I know their MLB wasn't as athletic as the ones we have been facing but we were good. And MM is truly special with the ball in his hands. Really he is special and has a chance to be super special.

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
One thing hat was bothersome was they knew immediately that we were passing and would send the house. I don't know if it was already a called blitz or they would that good at reading it and sending everyone, but it was just strange. Maybe it was just the situation that seemed most likely for a pass and they called an all out blitz.

I think it's pretty easy to figure out when we are going to pass. Their coaches just looked at film. I felt like we mixed it up a little more Stat than we have all season, but we are still very predictable due to the nature of our scheme.

I am a b 2

Georgia Tech Fan
good stuff just hope this aint where the other teams are getting there info.wish there was a way to protect your film study from predators.

I am a b 2

Georgia Tech Fan
@Longestday does excellent work. But I'm pretty sure, no coach who is any good, will be using these videos for their film study. Coaches have access to all angles and watch video for a living.
yes his work is great allows me to understand better .it was just a thought .the coaches have what they have but it aint this with commentary and break down.once again just a b thinking dont mean no harm

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I think it's pretty easy to figure out when we are going to pass. Their coaches just looked at film. I felt like we mixed it up a little more Stat than we have all season, but we are still very predictable due to the nature of our scheme.
I've noticed every single time we pass we put a guy in motion. It's seems to be the same offensive set every time. If it's obvious to me than it has to be to opposing defenses.

Andewa

Jolly Good Fellow
Thanks a lot. Love these videos. I really wasn't impressed with Pitt's defense. I have not watched FSU much. I wonder how good there mike linebacker.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Thanks a lot. Love these videos. I really wasn't impressed with Pitt's defense. I have not watched FSU much. I wonder how good there mike linebacker.

Reggie Northrop is a really good LB. Expect Jalen Ramsey to play the role of the designated blitzer/ joker type player

GTFLETCH

Banned
The improvement made against the PITT game, I thought would have been made at the DUKE week. It is what it is... I wonder why M. Marshall hasn't been playing more?

Whiskey_Clear

Banned

I've noticed every single time we pass we put a guy in motion. It's seems to be the same offensive set every time. If it's obvious to me than it has to be to opposing defenses.

Y'all are a helluva lot better than me then. It ain't ever obvious to me and my success rate would suck if I tried to predict passes (outside of obvious down and distance situation).

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
The improvement made against the PITT game, I thought would have been made at the DUKE week. It is what it is... I wonder why M. Marshall hasn't been playing more?

We lost some important players to injury against ND who were just starting to come into their own, so the offense had a set back against Duke while some new players stepped in. I think what we saw against Pitt will only continue to get better.

I suspect MM wasn't playing more early because he didn't know where to go, missed blocking assignments and had a habit of putting the ball on the turf. He is a game changer and I hope that he will play a lot going forward...!

/

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
CPJ mentioned something I've thought as well. Don't dismiss Skov just yet. He's not liable to bust the big plays like MM can. But he can still continue to be an effective runner for us and receiver out of the backfield. I think he is by far the best back in pass pro.

I am a b 2

Georgia Tech Fan
WN-0703A.jpg

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
He doesn't get the ball on every play or even the majority plays and he's a major liability on these plays.

Jay Alexander

Jolly Good Fellow
He doesn't get the ball on every play or even the majority plays and he's a major liability on these plays.
High risk, high reward.

Putting the ball on the ground once was an improvement, but that problem also is compounded by the pass protection problems. Good news is, as CPJ always reminds us, MM is a freshman and I think he's going to be a star.

Also, I'm glad coach gets to make those decisions and not me.