GT v BC Ireland Game - IT'S ON!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
A Tech only cruise and football combo would be pretty sweet.

I wouldn't mind a cruise with BC fans too. I had thought about a transatlantic cruise - but they generally happened with re-positioning in October and November ..... I checked the re-positioning cruises at http://www.vacationstogo.com/ticker.cfm and nothing worked unless you can live on a ship for a month ...... http://www.vacationstogo.com/fastdeal.cfm?deal=11268

Anyway, assuming the game was this year to scope out flights, the air fare from Washington Dulles to Dublin is a lot better than ATL....... I wouldn't mind going back to Ireland for a road trip. One of our best trips was taking a space A MAC flight and backpacking around England and Ireland in the mid 80's. These days I don't think I could convince the wife to hitch hike in Ireland .....

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I wouldn't mind a cruise with BC fans too. I had thought about a transatlantic cruise - but they generally happened with re-positioning in October and November ..... I checked the re-positioning cruises at http://www.vacationstogo.com/ticker.cfm and nothing worked unless you can live on a ship for a month ...... http://www.vacationstogo.com/fastdeal.cfm?deal=11268

Anyway, assuming the game was this year to scope out flights, the air fare from Washington Dulles to Dublin is a lot better than ATL....... I wouldn't mind going back to Ireland for a road trip. One of our best trips was taking a space A MAC flight and backpacking around England and Ireland in the mid 80's. These days I don't think I could convince the wife to hitch hike in Ireland .....
Nuke, I went over to the old country a few years ago and it was easy. Just rent a car with a gps, get a book of B&B vouchers and a map and the the Island is yours. If you want it even more stress free, plan your stops ahead of time and make B&B reservations, that's what I did. (There's websites to facilitate this.) I can honestly say it was the best vacation I ever took.... ever!

Animal02

Banned
Nuke, I went over to the old country a few years ago and it was easy. Just rent a car with a gps, get a book of B&B vouchers and a map and the the Island is yours. If you want it even more stress free, plan your stops ahead of time and make B&B reservations, that's what I did. (There's websites to facilitate this.) I can honestly say it was the best vacation I ever took.... ever!

Did the same thing 15 years ago..........got the hang of driving on the wrong side of the road......but I never got used to shifting with my left hand. :cautious:. Already have the wife convinced to go. Will probably go 2 weeks ahead of time. Beautiful country and wonderful people......especially away from the big cities. My favorite place was Kinsale, on the southwest coast.

CHE90

Jolly Good Fellow
Same here. Best vacation ever.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
The response by Irish fans to the option offense -- something they have not seen before in this short importing games exercise -- and its speed and quickness. I have to think they are going to eat it up.
I agree with the conclusion, though Navy played ND in Ireland in 2012.

"College football has something of a cult following and a lot of people LOVE the GT offence in particular so they’ll be looking forward to that." - AJC: Tech’s spread option popular in Ireland?

And you're right - everyone here would agree GT has always run the option faster than Navy (y)

Techster

Helluva Engineer
This is where we'll be playing. Gorgeous.

attractions-7.jpg
Aviva-Stadium_Architect-Populous-and-Scott-Tallon-Walker_Photo-©Donal-Murphy_1839_229Dr-990x465.jpg
Aviva-stadium-at-lansdowne-road-dublin.jpg

Attachments

• attractions-7.jpg
    attractions-7.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 12