GT-UofL score predictions?

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I wouldn't touch this prediction racket with a fork. This game could go either way. I expect UL to be better since Brohm's teams always are. I expect Tech to be better too; a full year with Key should be enough to continue the momentum from last year.

What could be the difference? The run game. If our OL can get Smith untracked with 20 - 25 carries he could get us 100 yards or so and make a real difference. Problem = Brohm has a real knack for developing run games.

Well, we'll know soon enough. Hope we win or that it is a close loss.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Definitely not the coaches.
Key responded to a Blaylock question in one of his recent press releases and his response was something like: glad we have him, he will definitely help us, he adds mature leadership, dependable receiver. I was personally disappointed that Key was not showing any above and beyond praise.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
I wouldn't touch this prediction racket with a fork. This game could go either way. I expect UL to be better since Brohm's teams always are. I expect Tech to be better too; a full year with Key should be enough to continue the momentum from last year.

What could be the difference? The run game. If our OL can get Smith untracked with 20 - 25 carries he could get us 100 yards or so and make a real difference. Problem = Brohm has a real knack for developing run games.

Well, we'll know soon enough. Hope we win or that it is a close loss.
Agree. Also Brohm having a QB who played for him at Purdue really helps. The guy has 50 TD passes in his career so far. That is a big advantage for Louisville.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
Key responded to a Blaylock question in one of his recent press releases and his response was something like: glad we have him, he will definitely help us, he adds mature leadership, dependable receiver. I was personally disappointed that Key was not showing any above and beyond praise.

That seems like pretty good praise. I mean the guy's had a lot of injuries so it's hard to know what he's gonna do.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Agree. Also Brohm having a QB who played for him at Purdue really helps. The guy has 50 TD passes in his career so far. That is a big advantage for Louisville.
One of the reasons I said we need to run the ball. The best way to defend against Plummer is to have him on the bench. But … I don't know if Key and co. agree. If they don't I hope they can throw as efficiently as they seem to think.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
One of the reasons I said we need to run the ball. The best way to defend against Plummer is to have him on the bench. But … I don't know if Key and co. agree. If they don't I hope they can throw as efficiently as they seem to think.
This is surely wishful thinking but I am hoping that we have our first coach since Ross that we (fans) believe is better at game planning, player evaluation and strategy than we (fans) are. ;)

Of course, I am talking about CBR only in year 3. Prior to that, we all thought that we knew more than he and Ralph and GOL did! :)

MidtownJacket

Staff member
In a world of SWAGs this may be my SWAGiest. With all the unknowns of New OC/QB; Staff changes up and down the Asst Coaching; LB / DL switches I don't have a steady hold on what to expect from us beyond being a tough and disciplined program again.

That (and my unyielding optimism) says to me we won't get boat raced.

I think I see this as a statement for our guys about turning the page more than a hype game from the Cards and want to believe that gives our guys the edge. I also think they're playing through a lot of unknowns as well so don't see a super high scoring game. I think both teams will be engaged and lively on D.

Going with GT 24 - UofL 17 with a late TD from the Cards against a host of backup D.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I don't have a steady hold on what to expect from us beyond being a tough and disciplined program again.
TBH, I have felt this way ever since we parted ways with CCG and his steady diet of 7 win seasons. Since then I have never had any inkling of what to expect heading into each season although sadly the last guy was getting uncomfortably close to being predictable as well at the 3 win mark.