GT-UofL score predictions?

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
This is the best DL we have had in 10 years - Biggers has made a huge jump this camp and taken a starting spot from either Douse or Scott. Slyvain if he stays healthy will have a better year than Keion White did last year, and sounds like the light bulb has finally turned on for Kevin Harris. We have solid backups across the board for DL- Clemson and USF transfers have been great additions and will play a lot with no drop-off. Horace Lockett is still a little green but will be a best in the near future. Marco Coleman is a gem as our DL coach. Guys will be ready and make an impact on other teams OL's

I really like this post. I seem to recall reading or hearing recently somebody say that our DT's would be a team strength. Honestly, I am a mere pup compared to some others who post here and only go back to the Pepper Rogers days but there was a time that I would never live long enough to hear those words spoken. After 10 or 15 years of neglecting to field a competent defense (when did Tenuta leave?) I desperately hope to see one of those again. And btw, if Coack key could have a team that can do well in special teams that would be great too. The last few guys didn't seem to really care about that aspect either. Friday can't get here soon enough.

BTW, what are y'all putting on the menu Friday. I am not sure when I can get home/start cooking so needing some ideas here. Friday is usually pizza night but that doesn't seem to be a good football entree.

ETA: Since I have no data one way nor the other about either team, I am going with GT - 27, the Ville 24.

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
great optimism! how many of you are going y\to the game?
I’m planning on hitting the road from Raleigh at 8 am and bringing the family. What are the Tech sections? Should I bite the bullet and use Ticketmaster/stubhub/seatgeek or does one of you fine fans have 4 tickets you’re looking to part with?

I’ve got it 31-24 good guys.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Drop em here.

I got Tech 31, Louisville 27
I have no idea and neither does anyone else including the players, coaches, cheerleaders, fans, announcers or anyone else. These two teams are and will remain an unknown quantity until the end of the game and probably even after the game. It would appear that Tech has had less upheaval than Louisville but the Cardinals are presumed by many to have more talent. I am guessing that Louisville will win a very close game but I would not drop a dime on either team at this juncture. One thing is for certain, both teams want and need this game in the victory column more so than just about anyone else opening this weekend. It will be something to watch.

slugboy

Staff member
This is the best DL we have had in 10 years - Biggers has made a huge jump this camp and taken a starting spot from either Douse or Scott. Slyvain if he stays healthy will have a better year than Keion White did last year, and sounds like the light bulb has finally turned on for Kevin Harris. We have solid backups across the board for DL- Clemson and USF transfers have been great additions and will play a lot with no drop-off. Horace Lockett is still a little green but will be a best in the near future. Marco Coleman is a gem as our DL coach. Guys will be ready and make an impact on other teams OL's

White was a beast, and I don’t think the numbers reflected his talent. I hope you’re right about Sylvain Yondjouen and the rest of the DL

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I really like this post. I seem to recall reading or hearing recently somebody say that our DT's would be a team strength. Honestly, I am a mere pup compared to some others who post here and only go back to the Pepper Rogers days but there was a time that I would never live long enough to hear those words spoken. After 10 or 15 years of neglecting to field a competent defense (when did Tenuta leave?) I desperately hope to see one of those again. And btw, if Coack key could have a team that can do well in special teams that would be great too. The last few guys didn't seem to really care about that aspect either. Friday can't get here soon enough.

BTW, what are y'all putting on the menu Friday. I am not sure when I can get home/start cooking so needing some ideas here. Friday is usually pizza night but that doesn't seem to be a good football entree.

ETA: Since I have no data one way nor the other about either team, I am going with GT - 27, the Ville 24.
Good question. In 1970, Tech had a fine pair of defensive tackles in All American Rock Perdoni and a steady Tim Broome. The Black Watch had a couple of good tackles in Ken Parker, Glynn (something or other, my apologies to the player, senior moment) along with nose tackles Ivy Lee and Donnie Chisolm. The 1990 national champs had Kevin Battle, Coleman Rudolph and Jeremiah McClary, all good football players. But other than the mid 2000s with Joe Anoia (spelling?) we have not had a tremendous number of really exceptional defensive tackles. I would be amiss if I did not mention the big Aussie whose name also escapes me however, that is balanced by the sudden insight into the aforementioned Glynn Spencer whose name I just remembered. I do not have alzheimer's but rather a variant known as "sometimers" Sometimes I remember and sometimes I don't. IIWII

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
Good question. In 1970, Tech had a fine pair of defensive tackles in All American Rock Perdoni and a steady Tim Broome. The Black Watch had a couple of good tackles in Ken Parker, Glynn (something or other, my apologies to the player, senior moment) along with nose tackles Ivy Lee and Donnie Chisolm. The 1990 national champs had Kevin Battle, Coleman Rudolph and Jeremiah McClary, all good football players. But other than the mid 2000s with Joe Anoia (spelling?) we have not had a tremendous number of really exceptional defensive tackles. I would be amiss if I did not mention the big Aussie whose name also escapes me however, that is balanced by the sudden insight into the aforementioned Glynn Spencer whose name I just remembered. I do not have alzheimer's but rather a variant known as "sometimers" Sometimes I remember and sometimes I don't. IIWII
Unless you find a diamond in the rough, those elite DT's get snatched up quickly by the blue bloods. Either way, I've heard our entire D line is gonna eat this year. It helps that we dont have leprechaun workouts and tea party's in the weight room anymore

JoJaTeck

Georgia Tech Fan
Darryl Richard and Vance Walker were pretty dang good on that 2008 team

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Unless you find a diamond in the rough, those elite DT's get snatched up quickly by the blue bloods. Either way, I've heard our entire D line is gonna eat this year. It helps that we dont have leprechaun workouts and tea party's in the weight room anymore
A good example of a "diamond in the rough" was Coleman Rudolph. A one time all state strong safety, he outgrew the position and became a fine tackle on the 1990 national champs. I distinctly recall watching him a year or two later against Clemson, wrecking havoc in their backfield. As the chastised Clemson lineman responsible for blocking him came to the sideline, the Tiger offensive line coach was screaming at him "Is he (meaning Coleman) better than you?" as the cameras were rolling. My thought was Yep, he is definitely better and that boy needs help.