GT @ UNC uniform thread

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I assume the rumor going around that we were bringing our weight benches and some barbells and weights up to UNC aren't true then.
It's true! We're bringing them as a peace offering to The Former Guy, so he can have them for use of his defensive players during the game. Don't know what Mack will say about it, though...

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
@g0lftime If they were used for charity and fund raising and not another TFG stunt, I am more than okay with it. The way it was described, it sounded like another TFG folly.

Not sure how you missed the description. While 99% of the stuff he did fell flat, this was certainly one that didn't.
"Georgia Tech is one of just four teams to be featured as a part of the Selfless Pack of adidas’ Strategy Uniform series, which honors and highlights community engagement. Georgia Tech football student-athletes are a fixture at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, where they visit with superhero patients on a regular basis." - From the article. I believe this was going to happen no matter who the coach was.

buzzn3

Georgia Tech Fan
"Georgia Tech is one of just four teams to be featured as a part of the Selfless Pack of adidas’ Strategy Uniform series, which honors and highlights community engagement. Georgia Tech football student-athletes are a fixture at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, where they visit with superhero patients on a regular basis." - From the article. I believe this was going to happen no matter who the coach was.
Would actually have been nice if they'd made it an annual tradition (with our usual uniform combos, no need for the gray).

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Would actually have been nice if they'd made it an annual tradition (with our usual uniform combos, no need for the gray).
I can’t remember who it was I watched last week (because I watched a lot)…. They wore their standard unis but the names on the back were all names of patients at the local children’s hospital.

Agree that it’s a good annual effort but we don’t need to go all Oregon for it.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
I can’t remember who it was I watched last week (because I watched a lot)…. They wore their standard unis but the names on the back were all names of patients at the local children’s hospital.

Agree that it’s a good annual effort but we don’t need to go all Oregon for it.
Is it Iowa that has children's hospital so close to the stadium that at some point in the game the game attendees wave at the kids?

Ramble1885

proud sidewalk fan
UNC wearing one of the BEST uniforms in College Football. BBW 1997 throwbacks. I love UNC when they don't play Tech, I know some of you guys hate UNC for various reasons (some of which I do understand) but you gotta admit these rock!

So WWG maybe from us?

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
UNC wearing one of the BEST uniforms in College Football. BBW 1997 throwbacks. I love UNC when they don't play Tech, I know some of you guys hate UNC for various reasons (some of which I do understand) but you gotta admit these rock!

So WWG maybe from us?

This is just… their uni. Kind of like G/W/G is ours.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer

So WWG maybe from us?

Baby blue, unique. I got preferences for the white and gold, but don't really care what we wear as long we wear out those SOBs.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer

So WWG maybe from us?

Whats the difference?