GT @ UNC uniform thread

Ramble1885

proud sidewalk fan
starting this early so we can make predictions before being disappointed by the actual reveal :ROFLMAO:

something to note: team is still rocking white helmets with white facemasks at practice just like they did last week. However, for the game last week they went with the classic GWG. Maybe they actually break these out this week?

We're on the road so we know white jerseys will be worn. Maybe WWG makes a return! (we wore it a BUNCH in 2023)

as long as we don't wear blue pants I'm fine with it.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Any time we don't go with our classic and beautiful GWG unis I am disappointed.
But I do say white helmets, with no stripes or chicken wire, worn with white jerseys I can live with for a game or two.

Ramble1885

proud sidewalk fan
Any time we don't go with our classic and beautiful GWG unis I am disappointed.
But I do say white helmets, with no stripes or chicken wire, worn with white jerseys I can live with for a game or two.
I think our white helmets look better with stripes, imo it looked weird when they were plain vs GSU.

Funny I think that because I also think our gold lids look better plain.

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
I’m hoping all white with white masks or WWG.

To me, our looks should be what we wore in the 60s/70s. WWG, WGW, GWG, and GGW. I even like the stripes on the gold helmet occasionally.

If we do a one off, they should be…
1. GBW (Citrus Bowl)
2. WWW based around the old yellow/black “T” logo with the yellow jacket in the middle. That would be on the helmet with our normal numbers/stripes but in yellow black.
3. Some sort of throwback with the shadow block numbers we wore in 1997.

Never blue pants.

Attachments

• IMG_0425.jpeg
    IMG_0425.jpeg
    132.1 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0427.jpeg
    IMG_0427.jpeg
    618.9 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0429.jpeg
    IMG_0429.jpeg
    92.7 KB · Views: 69

Ramble1885

proud sidewalk fan

To me, our looks should be what we wore in the 60s/70s. WWG, WGW, GWG, and GGW. I even like the stripes on the gold helmet occasionally.

1. GBW (Citrus Bowl)
2. WWW based around the old yellow/black “T” logo with the yellow jacket in the middle. That would be on the helmet with our normal numbers/stripes but in yellow black.

Never blue pants.
I agree with you here, although this is my opinion
GWG most home games and most road games
WWG 1-2 road games
one WWW (whiteout)
WGW (homecoming)
GNG (bowl game if home team)
GWW (COFH + bowl game if road team)

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer

1. GBW (Citrus Bowl)

Never blue pants.
Great photo of King with Snow behind him. Is that Breland at Center?

Sometimes I get my decades mixed up.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Ummm....the "Silly Capes" helped the Children's Hospital of Atlanta. I hate we didn't make it a yearly thing. Bought several for friends who have special needs children and ALL of them loved the idea.
If they were used for charity and fund raising and not another TFG stunt, I am more than okay with it. The way it was described, it sounded like another TFG folly.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
@g0lftime If they were used for charity and fund raising and not another TFG stunt, I am more than okay with it. The way it was described, it sounded like another TFG folly.

Not sure how you missed the description. While 99% of the stuff he did fell flat, this was certainly one that didn't.

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
Am I alone in saying our home jersey would be the most poetic slap to a program that we own and TFG?

A program that somehow sees themselves as above us every year?

We’ve lost 6 games to them since 1998. Thats how many times we have beaten UGA since 1998.

Kennan stadium is unofficially ours.

They’re included in the B1G talk wayyy more than us, I say let’s make a statement.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
@g0lftime If they were used for charity and fund raising and not another TFG stunt, I am more than okay with it. The way it was described, it sounded like another TFG folly.

Not sure how you missed the description. While 99% of the stuff he did fell flat, this was certainly one that didn't.
You have to admit he did some really off-the-wall stuff. That seemed like one of them but it was for a good cause and kids would love it. Maybe the one stunt I can agree was for good.